Job Opening- Accounts Assistant
Duma Works is recruiting an Accounts Assistant for one of our clients. The company produces different variety’s of natural cheese and is based in Limuru.
Location: Tigoni, near Limuru
Purpose: To maintain accurate records of financial transactions; receive and reconcile payments from customers for invoices and cash sales; maintain a timely record of payments due to the company; liaise with customer accounts teams to reconcile accounts and ensure timely payments.
- Maintains accurate records of all payments made to the company
- Reconciles customer accounts on a timely and accurate basis
- Liaise with customer accounts teams to resolve any dispute or inconsistencies
- Drive timely receipt of payments from customers
- Maintains accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions
- Summarizes current accounts receivable status regularly, highlighting any issues to management
- Creates and reconciles a record of cash and equivalent payments to the company
- Prepares bank deposits
- Supports chief accountant and external auditors for annual audit
- Organizes and files records for historical record-keeping
- Prepares detailed financial analyses for management periodically
- Implements and enforces internal controls
- Provides daily, weekly, and monthly reporting to management as requested
- Creates invoices and sales receipts on an occasional basis
- Coordinates with other staff on accounting issues
- Contributes to company success through teamwork, flexibility, effort and intelligence
- 2+ years’ experience in a bookkeeping or accounting function
- 1+ years’ experience in an accounts receivable role
- Quick-books accounting software
- Degree in accounting, finance, or similar
- Enterprise accounting software (e.g SAP, Microsoft Dynamics, e.t.c)
- Experience in a high transaction volume business with a large number of customers
Deadline for applications: 15th June 2016
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV to [email protected] As the subject line of your email, write “1978” and please make sure to include your Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 1978, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. in the message body. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
Posted in Jobs Tags: accounts, assistant, Jobs, nairobi, receivables