Job Opening – BUSINESS ADVISOR – COMMERCIAL FEEDS SECTOR, Agribusiness Development Portfolio
Duma Works is recruiting a Business Advisor for one of our clients, a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
The company is utilizing an industry facilitation approach to support the growth and efficiency of the dairy market system by overcoming system-level constraints. Predicted outcomes include more sustainable system-wide changes – constant upgrading of core and supporting products and services, improved supply chain management and customer service systems, and increased crowding-in of investment. The portfolio currently works in breed and vet sectors, feeds sector, and in the dairy value chain.
Current focus under this intervention area includes supporting commercial hay producers to improve business performance and professionalization of operations, supporting concentrate feed manufacturers in formulation, quality compliance and marketing, and working with labs in developing commercial offers for co-branding and testing of soil and feed products.
- Have an expert understanding of the commercial feeds market system, including the core value/supply chains, support functions, and rules & regulations; including current market incentives and distortions;
- Work with new market entrants in commercial hay production and foster linkages with relevant market actors to accelerate the uptake of commercial hay production;
- Support labs and/or other relevant market actors to develop products and offers that are commercially viable and attractive to existing and new customer segments;
- Facilitate the creation or strengthening of partnerships between key market actors within the commercial feeds market system, including the development of business cases, pitches and/or offers that are commercially viable and attractive;
- Collect, manage and report key quantitative and qualitative performance indicators, such as changes in efficiency and effectiveness of the commercial feeds sector, with a range of market actors; and
- Any other work assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as economics, business administration, marketing, finance, and/or management
- At least three years’ experience in market research, marketing, finance, business operations, business development, supply chain management, strategy or management consulting, or relevant
- Experience in market systems development and/or industry facilitation an asset
- Track record of building and managing strong client and stakeholder relationships with small-scale suppliers, private sector and government
- Excellent English and Swahili oral and written presentation skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Office
- Inquisitive, energetic, and excellent investigator
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, and can manage relationships with many different stakeholders;
- Pushes innovative and creative ways of thinking and working
- Ability to analyse complex issues efficiently, thoroughly understand sector dynamics, and propose innovative solutions
- Gives constructive feedback to team mates and influences others to work better
- Maintains integrity and personal reputation
- Is passionate about knowledge learning and sharing
Reporting Unit/Supervisor: Senior Business Advisor – Commercial Feeds Sector
Travel: Frequent domestic travels within the target regions
Applications to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “1856”, Your Full name & Phone number. Please include
(1) cover letter describing your interest
(2) curriculum vitae
(3) three years’ salary history
(4) telephone contacts of three professional referees.
Please include items (1), (3), and (4) requirements in a single document (pdf). Applications will be treated confidentially. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 20th September 2015
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793
Posted in Jobs Tags: agribusiness, agriculture sector, business, business advisor, commercial feeds, consultant, economics, Finance, job oening, jobs in nairobi, Management, manager, vacancy