Job Opening- Compliance Officer
Duma Works is recruiting a compliance Officer for one of our clients. The company is one of the largest insurance companies in East Africa.
The general responsibility of the Compliance Officer is to provide an in-house compliance service that effectively supports business areas in their duty to comply with relevant laws and regulations and internal procedures.
1. Develops and periodically reviews and updates Standards procedure manuals to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees.
2. Carry out internal compliance inspections and reviews to ensure that all regulatory guidelines are implemented and followed; including insurance business operations, financial, investment, procurement, office health and safety, administrative etc.
3. Responds to any observed or reported violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
4. Responsible for Anti Money Laundering operations in the company and conduct training to all new members of staff to ensure that all legal requirements are met. Monitor adherence to compliance on AML policies and KYC standards.
5. Conduct follow up on non-compliant observations and internal audit recommendations to ensure implementation of agreed corrective actions.
6. Undertake quality control reviews for the business units to ensure consistent implementation of policy and processes across all business units and identify any gaps, challenges and improvement measures.
7. Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the Head of Compliance and the Compliance Committee of the Board and senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
a. Ensure that the company’s business is conducted in compliance with professional standards and accepted business practices as laid out by the law, regulator and company policies.
b. Conduct induction and sensitization training on anti-money laundering, due diligence and on regulatory requirements
c. Conduct compliance inspections at the head office, branches and agency offices in the country or as directed.
d. Monthly compliance reports to the Head of Compliance and preparation of Board Papers.
University Degree Preferably in Law, Economics or Finance
1. Have an excellent and thorough understanding of the business processes.
2. Have skills and human qualities which allow him to advice, train and raise awareness amongst company staff on the significance of business ethics and compliance.
At least 1 year work experience preferably in Insurance, compliance or Audit.
Deadline for applications 22nd December 2015
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV to [email protected] As the subject line of your email, write “1990” and please make sure to include your Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 1990, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. in the message body. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
Posted in Jobs Tags: compliance, Jobs, nairobi, officer