Job Opening: Export Sales Executive
Duma Works is recruiting a Export Sales Executive for our client; a market leader in the production and marketing of region’s most cherished food and grocery brands for over 50 Years.
Responsible for developing, growing and maintaining export sales to meet overall business objectives
Key result areas
- Identify, develop and manage company product portfolio in the COMESA region to increase sales targets and business growth
- Monitor and achieve monthly export sales as per set target
- Evaluate the competitive and economic environment as well as consumer trends in the various export markets in order to determine viability and gaps
- Formulate and implement penetration strategies to grow sales in the export market
- Identify opportunities for new business prospecting to drive growth within existing and new export markets
- Develop, plan and implement promotional and trade activities in exports market in conjunction with marketing staff
- Maintain and build good trade relationships with distributors, existing customers and potential customers alike
- Manage key distributors outside Kenya and set sustainable and effective distribution network in the region to enhance visibility
- Ensure proper and precautionary methods are observed in handling and storing of goods at the various distribution points
- Gather and provide market intelligence in all the export markets and prepare monthly export sales reports
- Observe the company environmental health and safety policies and procedures to ensure own health and safety and safety of others persons under your section
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by your supervisor.
- Diploma/Degree in business related field
- Professional qualified in sales and marketing
- 5-6 years’ experience in regional sales and marketing
- Good understanding of export requirements in the region
- Experience in handling FMCGs
- Excellent business development skills
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Ability to conduct research and analysis
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Preferred candidates who have experience working with companies such as Peptang, Kenafric，Kevian，Del monte, Njoro canners, KSL
Communication and working relationships
Internal and external cooperation: Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments
Outside Organisation: Distributors, existing and prospective customers, relevant government bodies and relevant private associations.
Reports to: Sales/Marketing Manager
Applications letters and detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “ 2026”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2026, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through
Deadline for receiving applications: 10th Feb 2016
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.
Posted in Jobs Tags: export sales, Job Matching, Job Opening, Job Opportunity, jobs in kenya, jobs in nairobi, opening, Opportunity, sales, sales executive, sales representative, vacancy