Job Opening – Finance and Administrative Manager-CLOSED
Duma Works is recruiting a Finance and Administrative Manager for one of our clients in Meru. Reporting to the Directors this is a wide role in a small family business being solely responsible for the accounting and day to day administration.
The position is in Meru county and accommodation is available on site if required.
Personal attributes are key. Accounting is done on a cloud based platform, Xero (designed for small business use).
- Office Administration: answering office telephone & emails, communicating with customers and suppliers, maintaining current licences, taking minutes of any company meetings. Operate Petty cash Float. Co-ordination of administration drivers ensuring efficiency.
- HR Administration: Maintaining the muster roll, update the staff leave schedule, administration of payroll, preparation and payment of statutory deductions.
- Accountancy: Maintain accounts in accordance to best practice. Follow internal audit procedures to ensure proper controls. Prepare and pay monthly tax obligations. Monitor customers to ensure timely payment and prepare quotes & invoices. Prepare monthly reports & communicate to directors. Preparation of audit files, maintain audit trail and provide information to financial auditors.
Personal Attributes & Qualifications
- Min 5 years experience in a similar role
- Enjoy having a pivotal role in the company’s smooth operation without supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Driving licence
- Be self-motivated
- Be adaptable & keen to make a positive impact
- Work with minimum supervision due to small business environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be willing to work to set standards and provide regular reports on progress
- Small office environment – family dogs/kids can be around
- Likes animals/interest in wildlife conservation – income from the lodge helps support the conservation of Kenya’s natural heritage.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV to [email protected]. As the subject line of your email, write “2034” and please make sure to include your Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2034, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. in the message body. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 10th February 2016
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Administration, administrative, Finance, HR, Human Resource, job, manager, Meru, nairobi, officer, opening, Opportunity, vacancy