Job Opening – Finance/Admin/HR Associate, Nairobi – CLOSED
Duma Works is recruiting a Finance/Admin/HR Associate for one of our clients, a technology-based nonprofit organization with the mission of reconnecting thousands of separated refugee families across the globe.
We’re searching for a detail-oriented, highly organized, and energetic finance/admin/HR associate to join the organization.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- You’re an early to mid-career professional with strong written and spoken communications/interpersonal skills. We have a highly cross-cultural team and deal with a wide variety of people in the course of a day, so empathetic, continuous, and effective communication and the ability to listen should be your default states.
- You are structured and organized – to a fault. This means you have an ability to take verbal instructions and run with them with limited supervision, while effectively tracking them so things don’t fall through the gap as tasks proliferate (and they inevitably do!)
- You’re a finance/admin/HR “entrepreneur” – with a natural tendency to take ownership and responsibility for what you begin. In other words, you tend to take the initiative to spot and fix things that might go wrong in the future or prove risky if left unattended – quickly picking up organizational processes and dynamics along the way and getting antsy to find ways to improve them.
- You’re a highly resourceful problem solver with strong negotiation skills. A true hustler. Nairobi isn’t the easiest place for a fast-paced tech organization to operate, but bureaucracy isn’t scary for you and you know how to effectively push – and push hard – to get stuff done, whether with government, third party vendors, our lawyer/accountant/public secretary, real estate owners/agents, etc.
- You have excellent time management skills – the kind of person who gets to events and meetings on time and holds others to that same standard.
- Generally: taking ownership of the organization’s needs around staff support, financial/legal administration, and all related tasks that keep the organization a tight, well-operating ship.
- Establishing efficient systems, improving on existing ones, and automating as necessary with the finance, administration, legal, and HR spaces.
- Processing payroll and making all relevant statutory payments for staff on a monthly basis.
- Maintaining accurate financial accounts,including book keeping.
- Working with government entities to get various certifications, documents, permits, and other such needs in order. Travel as necessary throughout Nairobi (and sometimes elsewhere) to do this.
- Organise for printing, delivering/couriering, and other miscellaneous needs throughout Nairobi.
- Procurement, dealing with 3rd-party vendors, and maintaining inventories of the organization’s assets and office supplies.
- Setting up and being responsible for financial transactions, budgets, expense approvals, payroll processing, audits, and associated duties.
- Booking travel and accommodation for traveling staff.
- Events setup/management.
- Creating and tracking contracts, on/offboarding new/departing staff, and implementing the organization’s HR policies.
- Ad-hoc administrative tasks.
The finance/admin/HR associate is a true anchor for the Nairobi office, responsible for many organizational processes and generally making sure everything is up and running as it should. The successful candidate will report directly to the Africa Director.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Comfort with MS Office, Google Docs, and Dropbox, with the ability to quickly pick up organizational software such as Trello, Jira, and various CRM systems.
- Law degree along with basic accounting/budgeting and project management experience preferred. Academic background is much less important than relevant skillsets, however.
- Experience in a similar role working for a technology company is a big positive.
- Being part of an ambitious, fast-paced, skilled, agile, and international team
- A great work environment with highly enthusiastic and smart colleagues
- Contributing to reconnecting the world’s displaced with their family and loved ones
- Salary commensurate with experience
Applications letters and detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “FAH 1824″, Your Full name & Phone number. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793
Posted in Jobs Tags: Admin, Administration, associate, Finance, HR, human resources, job, NGO, opening, vacancy