Job Opening – Office Administrative Assistant-CLOSED
Duma Works is recruiting an Office Administrative Assistant for our client. Our client is developer, investor, and operator of renewable power and rural electrification projects in East Africa. The primary focus of the company is to generate and distribute high-quality, low cost power to rural communities across the region that currently lack access to the electricity grid
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role of the Office Administrative Assistant is to provide administrative support in the office of the company by performing clerical functions, organizing office supplies and materials, scanning, copying, printing and organizing documents, preparing correspondence, paying and coordinating vendors (travel, internet, mobile, etc.), receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. The candidate may also coordinate other staff or company partners, including messengers and drivers. The total staff of the office is expected to be between 10 and 15 persons.
Duties will include providing support to the office and field-based development teams. The Office Administrative Assistant will also be expected to contribute to the development of the company and support the general business needs of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reporting to the Managing Director, and/or designees from time to time, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following, amongst others:
Providing general administrative support for the company and a partner organization with which it shares an office
- Managing the Managing Director’s diary
- Ensuring the efficient and effective flow of communication between the office and partners, vendors, customers, and other external parties
- Preparing all manner of documents and correspondence
- Arranging logistics for meetings, travel, and corporate events
- Taking minutes at meetings and preparing reports
- Liaising with building and office management and administration to ensure proper coordination
- Maintaining a proper document handling system and up-to-date contact database
- Coordinating the procurement and managing of stationery and stock items for the office
- Coordinating and organizing vendor requests for payment or servicing
- Supervising other staff in the department, i.e. Messengers and Driver, and coordinating and compiling records related to vehicles and other company equipment
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Performing basic data entry
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Other tasks as required from time to time by the MD.
The ideal candidate would have the following skills and credentials:
- Education: Full secretarial qualifications including a diploma or degree and/or any other relevant training
- Work Experience: At least 2 to 4 years working experience in relevant fields
- Clerical Experience: Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, filling out or designing forms, and other common office procedures
- English Language: Professional knowledge of the English language including vocabulary and spelling, rules of business and personal composition, and grammar
- Customer and Personal Service: Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Computer Skills: Experience with word processing computer programs, e-mail systems, internet search engines, and general computer literacy is required
- Other Desired Skills:
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrable ability to prioritize
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Job Type: Full time
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV to [email protected] As the subject line of your email, write “2023” and please make sure to include your Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2023, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. in the message body. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 25th January 2016
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Admin, Administration, administrative, assistant, business administration, Front, job, nairobi, Office, opening, receptionist, secretary, vacancy