Job Opening – People Operations Lead In Nairobi – CLOSED
Duma Works is recruiting a People Operations Lead for one of our clients; a fast-growth startup developing a corp of high-quality technology talent across the African continent and with a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers from Africa in the next 10 years.
People Operations Lead Responsibilities:
To fuel growth, we’re looking for a pro-active, people-first, and data-driven leader to be the champion of people operations and world-class culture in Kenya. We’re looking for someone self-driven and naturally curious that will help us to find, grow, and retain world-class talent.
Our team is our organization, and we’re looking for someone eager to build and run the systems, processes, and conversations necessary to build, engage, and constantly improve that team.
Key Attributes of the Role Include:
- You are exceedingly comfortable with people, you want to engage in conversation – good or bad, because all conversations done well have value. You have a bias towards action and engagement.
- You love collaboratively defining and building world-class culture. You may not know if weekly happy hour or a ping-pong table is more important, but you know exactly how to find out, and constantly create a positive feedback loop of communication amongst team members.
- You are self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don’t get overwhelmed easily.
- You are naturally curious. You’re innovative and creative in your problem-solving and you constantly search for ways to tweak and optimize process.
- You are passionate about data. You’re not only comfortable with numbers; you love analyzing data and turning it into a killer report.
- You are broadly knowledgeable. You can provide leadership on the complete cycle of talent, from sourcing and interviewing candidates to managing attrition
- You are detail focused. You will thrive at keeping all documentation (health care, benefits, promotions, exceptions, real estate requests, etc.) in clean, structured, order.
- You are a utility player. You’re willing to help out wherever needed, partnering with managers and the people department to solve problems.
- 2+ years of HR and/or people management experience
- Successful track record of improving workplace culture and building environment of regular feedback
- Strong motivational, organizational, and communications skills.
- Familiarity with the technology sector a plus.
- Be a good person; we have a “no jerk” policy
Benefits & Compensation
o Full-time compensation
o Full medical coverage
o Lunch and snacks provided daily
o Beautiful working environment
o Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
o Oh, And a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Type: Full Time
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Applications letters and detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “POL 1867”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. POL 1867, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through
Deadline for receiving applications: 2nd October 2015
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
Posted in Jobs Tags: DUMA Works, Find a Job, How to get a job, Human Resource, job, Job Opening, Job Opportunity, Job Tips, job vacancy, Jobs, jobs in nairobi, Kenya, nairobi, People Operations Lead, vacancy