Job Opening – Shift Supervisor in Nairobi
Duma Works is recruiting a Shift Supervisor for one of our clients, a leading manufacturer of woven polypropylene (PP) laminated and unlaminated sacks and fabrics, serving numerous industries around the world and providing them with a strong, dependable and economical packaging solution.
TO MEET PRODUCTION TARGETS
- Coordinate intervening activities from the receipt of raw material to dispatch of final product.
To plan production activities including what bags to print; what to cut and also to ensure staff are performing to optimum levels and all personnel are not idle
- Control raw material mixing and formulation to ensure high quality output at lowest cost possible
- Coordinate the operation of production equipment to achieve the set output levels;
- Monitor plant and staff performance so as to attain planned production output;
- Ensure plant equipment are run in a safe and efficient way;
- Liaise with the Engineering & Maintenance Manager for effective corrective and preventive maintenance of production equipment;
- Lead the technical teams in identifying plant challenges and develop short and long term action plans to address these challenges;
- Plan short term and involved in long term planning of production targets;
- Ensuring the production area is clean;
- Provide technical input in the procurement process;
- Identify opportunities to make production process more efficient;
- Degree/Diploma in plastics engineering, Chemical engineering with focus on plastics or similar products
-Must have correct technical skill set
- 10 years or more relevant production and supervisory experience; must be familiar with the manufacture of extruded woven polypropylene bags;
- Must have worked in MANUFACTURING environment;
- Added benefit to have worked on Starlinger or Windmoeller & Holscher machines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills
- Strong coaching and supervisory skills
- Must have working knowledge of English language
- Requires a valid passport
Direct report:Factory Manager
Supervises: Production staff
Application letters and detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “1981”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 1981, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through
Deadline for receiving applications: 5th February 2016
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Engineer, engineering, factory, factory worker, IT, job, Jobs, manufacturing, mechanical, nairobi, opening, shift supervisor, vacancy