Job Opening – Sushi and Sashimi Chef In Nairobi
Duma Works is recruiting for a Sushi/Sashimi chef for one of our clients; a leading restaurant in Gigiri, Nairobi.
- Create high quality sushi including cooking rice, rolling sushi, temperature recording, cutting and packaging for take-out and dine-in plate preparation.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience, be comfortable in all aspects of making sushi and sashimi as well as rolls.
- Ensure all operating standards including food safety and quality are strictly adhered to
- Show gratitude and greet every guest with a big, genuine smile and eye contact
- Provide a high level of attention to guest satisfaction and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers
- Actively display knowledge of all food and beverage menu items and current promotions
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of sushi station
- Order and receive raw materials and dry goods
- Maintain daily production records
- Perform monthly inventories and training of new teammates as required
- Complete opening and closing duties efficiently and safely, using the correct procedures
- Complete all assigned daily, weekly and monthly cleaning duties
- Be a team player; have lots of fun and support other teammates
- Effective English communication skills
- At least one year working experience in same position in a reputable Japanese Restaurant in Nairobi (Furasato, Misono, Tokyo, Sushi Soo, Haru, Chiyo, Ginza, Phoenician, Bamboo Zen, Kempinski, etc…)
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment while maintaining a friendly demeanor
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time
- Flexibility to work various shifts and weekends
- Likes dealing with people and loves making sushi.
Type: Full Time
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Applications letters and detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “Sushi Chef 1868”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. Sushi Chef 1868, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through
Deadline for receiving applications: 2nd October 2015
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Best Hiring Practices, Chef Jobs, Dream Job, DUMA Works, Employment, Find a Job, hospitality, How to get a job, job, Job Matching, Job Opening, Job Tips, job vacancy, jobs in nairobi, Kenya, nairobi, Sashimi Chef, Sushi Chef, vacancy