Duma Works is recruiting an Account Director for our client; a leading PR and event management company in Nairobi.
We are looking for someone who is able to lead a client account, or set of accounts, within the agency, ensuring that they are profitable, and growing. They should be able to take responsibility for the delivery of quality creative work that meets the client’s needs and address their business problems, and must champion that work. They will do so through the effective management of their own team, and their ability to lead and inspire others inside and outside the agency. They should be able to regularly be involved with pitches for new business, approaching these with both a creative and commercial mindset.
• Overall growth and development of accounts in his group.
• Meeting profit goals on each account in his group.
• Maintaining a high level of performance by the account teams and other agency personnel, as needed.
• Being sufficiently informed and personally involved, ensuring sound planning, good service and a solid client/agency relationship.
• Following agency policies and procedures.
• Keeping management informed of the status of his group’s accounts, problems, plans and meetings, as well as involving Management personnel at key times.
• Insures the timely development and execution of plans, campaigns, and projects to assure earnings, growth, and profit goals are achieved.
• Provides account team leadership, and convey the specific requirements for multi-functional support to the appropriate functional regional management on a timely basis.
• Plans, develops, and defends budget recommendations, work goals, measurements, and training requirements necessary to provide both quality and profitable service to Clients.
• Assigns duties, goals, and supervises the account service staff in the local market.
• Executes duties and assignments as directed in compliance with corporate guidelines and objectives.
• Maintains awareness and controls situations which may lead to the risk of write-offs.
• Maintains open and complete communications of Client issues with functional leaders and corporate management.
• Provides leadership/motivation and conveys the vision and values of the Agency to the assigned staff. Insure that the staff works in conformance with Agency policies and procedures and public law.
- 2 years as an account director
- Strong Communication, teamwork, presentation and negotiation skills
- Confident, articulate and persuasive
- Excellent client service management skills
- Great business sense and the ability to work to budgets
- A Degree or higher in Public Relations, Journalism or related field
- Experience managing teams
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent editorial skills
- Detail-oriented, hands-on approach and ability to multi-task and work under pressure
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2755”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2755 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 28th April 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.