Job Vacancy – Account Payable Head
A unique education in scaling new internet concepts.
Become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world.
An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Account Payable Head Key Responsibilities:
- Day to day management of the Purchase Ledger Team – Goods not for Resale
- Manage and Supervise the Purchase Ledger Team ensuring that all tasks are accurate and completed within given deadlines
- Ensure key contractor account reconciliations are carried out on a regular basis
- Ensure that all supplier queries are concluded and dealt with in a timely manner
- Control and manage the supplier credit balances
- Ensure that current process maps are drawn up and any recommendations for changes / improvements are made
- Ensure all bank reconciliation items are cleared in a timely manner
- Ensuring full recovery is made for any debit balances
- Work closely with the Head of Financial Control regarding the ongoing development /maintenance of current systems
- Introduce Service Level Agreement processing timescales / KPI monitoring in the Accounts Payable team to understand volumes and processing patterns and accuracy of input
- Regularly review procedures and resource requirements
- Planning cash flow on purchase ledger payments with Sales & Banking Department in line with the agreed timetable of payments
- Ensuring payment terms are adhered to and EBITDA impact maximised by taking advantage of prompt payment discounts etc.
- Ensuring that the closure of Accounts Payable month end reporting is completed, valid and correct ready for month end close and closedowns are completed with commentary as appropriate
- Assisting with month end, posting of journals and reconciliation of balance sheets
- Control account and key balance sheet reconciliations
- Monitoring all overheads and looking at ways to streamline and save money
- Ensure that the Company’s authorisation control manual is regularly updated and issued as appropriate
Education and Experience
- Relevant degree in financial Accounting and/or local accounting (CPA/ACCA) qualification.
- Proficiency in MS Office and basic accounting systems like QuickBooks or sage.
- Experience with or curiosity for IT systems and ERP systems.
- Cost accounting, Financial Accounting and Management Accounting Skills.
- Excellent accounting skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Experience over 4 years either in FMCG, tier 1 retail groups, top banking & consulting companies.
- Working in a multi-national Company will be an added advantage.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3361”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3361 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Saturday, 26 May 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: account, Accounting, accounts, bank, banking, consulting, fmcg, Group, job vacancy, jobs in kenya, jobs in nairobi, Management, monitoring, nairobi, professional, retail