Job Vacancy – Accountant
Duma Works is recruiting an accountant for a leading fast-food franchise to join their team in Nairobi.
About the job
Liberty Eagle accountants are a savvy team who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Liberty Eagle. As a member of this team, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You’ll advise on financial reports required, and you’ll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our management team and advocate best practices. Deadlines must be met and you will be required to move fast while paying attention to detail and tap into your problem-solving skills to support Liberty Eagle’s business objectives.
As an Accountant, you will partner with our brand managers and Franchisor partners to support and directly contribute to Liberty Eagle’s growth by providing financial accounting support across the growing business.
You will be involved in many different accounting aspects of Liberty Eagle, such as reviewing, posting, and analyzing journal entries. You’ll also be involved in solving system and process gaps and playing an integral role in providing insights to the management team. You’ll advise on business initiatives, design financial reports, and you’ll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports.
Liberty Eagle is the partner of choice for global brands in Kenya. Our portfolio of world-leading, consumer-focused brands start from the belief that the Kenyan customer deserves a better standard of product quality, service, and experience. Every day, across thousands of touchpoints, our team members deliver on this customer-centric promise.
- Define, establish and implement any new accounting systems or processes for your area.
- Manage and maintain accountability for accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency of accounting processes related to inventory (month-end close, process improvement/scalability, balance sheet reconciliations, etc.).
- Prepare and present financial information related to month-end close as well any ad hoc requests from Financial Planning and Analysis FP&A and the business.
- Collaborate with technical accounting to ensure we execute appropriate accounting for any new initiatives and document the related accounting memos and policies, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in Finance and Accounting.
- Comfort and experience using Excel to extract and manipulate data.
- Software experience including proficiency in databases (e.g., SAP, QUICK BOOKS, etc.).
Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills with an effective presentation, communication, interpersonal, leadership, and teamwork skills with collaborative
To apply online click here
Deadline for receiving applications: Tuesday, 24 March 2020
* You will receive a confirmation email from [email protected] and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: accountant, Accounting, accounts, business, control, data entry, economics, entry