Job Vacancy – Accountant
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To ensure integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating and entering transactions. Further, the accountant will engage in financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, cost control and reviewing operational performance.
1. Maintaining of accounting controls through documented system of accounting policies and procedures
2. Maintain the general ledger and chart of accounts
3. Bank reconciliation posting and balancing
4. Prepare monthly and annual financial statements in form of balance sheet, profit & loss and cash flow and supporting schedules for the purpose of month end closing.
5. Accounting for fixed Assets and maintenance of fixed assets register
6. Completing and maintaining sales invoicing and reports
7. Payroll accounting paying particular attention to proper allocation to departments processing payment of statutory deductions.
8. Timely payments of all form of taxes (VAT, withholding tax and corporation tax) and filing of tax returns in accordance with the law.
9. Comprehensive costing of purchases especially imports (tablets and school set-up equipment) paying close attention to exchange fluctuation and variation in logistics costs.
10. Physical verification of inventories both in storage and keeping track of Goods-in-Transit for the purpose of inventory costing.
11. Liaising with Auditors and Tax advisors
1. Cash flow forecasting
2. Maintain good banking relationships
3. Ensuring that all receipts most of which will be via electronic money transfers are properly accounted for in the books of accounts and more so in the schools’ accounts.
4. Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
Working Capital Management
1. Keeping track of schools falling behind in payments and initiating discussions with at management level on the appropriate course of action.
2. Scheduling of payments to suppliers based on payment terms and monthly/weekly cash projections.
3. Timely payment of the contractual obligations based on the numerous strict contracts put in place to make the delivery platform effective.
1. Managing the preparation of the company’s annual budget and forecasts
2. Undertaking Variance analysis and making reports thereof to the management for collective action.
1. Interpreting company’s periodic financial results to management and giving recommendations thereof.
2. Lead role in continual cost analysis for the purpose of ensuring that every cost is properly justified and allocated to the appropriate department(s).
3. Manage the capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis and discounted cash flow analysis.
4. Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management.
1. Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting or its equivalent and working towards Certified Public Accountant (CPA) qualification or its equivalent.
2. Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills.
3. Proactive individual focused on systems and reporting improvements
4. Highly analytical mind
5. Ability to learn and understand fully the ERP system and the auxiliary systems that will be put in place to bring together various constituents of the business.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2907”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2907 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Thursday, 20 July 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: accountant, Accounting, accounts, analysis, analytical, and, bank, banking, business, communication, control, cost, cost control, delivery, ERP, Finance, financial, general, information, inventory, investment, law, level, logistics, maintenance, manage, Management, of, processing, reporting, sales, systems, writing