Job Vacancy – Accounting Assistant
Duma Works is recruiting an Accounts Assistant for one of its clients in Nairobi.
The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for daily book keeping entries into the accounting system, (QuickBooks) daily cash, Mpesa and bank reconciliations and report directly to the Accountant of the company.
- Collect and monitor VAT tax and file it on the 20thof every month.
- To Ensure receivables are collected promptly and payables paid when due.
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure accuracy
- Issue financial statements for review by the Accountant by the 5thof every month
- Comply with government reporting requirements. Ensure all taxes are prepared and files by the 5thof every month.
- Process payroll and payslips in a timely manner.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested.
- To Reconcile Debtors and Creditors Accounts on regular basis.
Qualification and experience
- CPA(K) qualification or part thereof will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years’ experience as an accountant assistance in a commercial or insurance industry.
- Familiarity with any insurance package or familiarity on insurance accounting aspect will be added advantage.
Organization and Administration skills
- Excellent organization, time, work and self-management skills
- Ability to establish daily and monthly priorities and activities and manage own diary
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and monitor own and handle heavy workload
- Ability to work well under pressure and against conflicting deadlines
- Ability to act with initiative in all matters and handle confidential information
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to adapt and work co-operatively and effectively in different situations and teams to carry out the assigned task
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with individuals and team as a whole
- Ability to motivate others by personal modeling, professional credibility and trust
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3654”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3654 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 11 October 2019
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: accountant, Accounting, accounts, Accounts assistant, Administration, administrative, and, assistant, bank, book keeping, commercial, company, financial, government, grid, industry, insurance, manage, Management, of, payables, personal, professional, receivables, reporting, support, team, Team player, web, work