Job Vacancy – Accounting Manager
We are recruiting an Accounting Manager for our client in Dakar, Senegal.
- Shelter and Population Settlement
- Application of Microcredit
- Agriculture Development and Food Security
- Reconstruction of Physical and Market Infrastructure; i.e. farm-to-market roads, irrigation systems, and food storage, etc.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including: assets, accounts payable, general ledger, expenditures and payroll
- Monitoring and analyzing accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Supervise and direct field accountants
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
- Responsible for month end and year end closing
- Provide cash flow analysis – Maintain records of cash advances received from Headquarters and project cash accounts, provide daily cash available balance of all cash accounts to management when requested
- Reconcile assets, liabilities, revenue and expense accounts to supporting documents and schedules on a monthly basis
- Assure expenditures are in accordance with code balances for item acquisition. Keep CFO and Chief of party informed as to the balances of internal accounts
- Ensure internal control policies and procedures are properly implemented and maintained
- Ensure all accounting information, records and supporting documents are accurate, complete and in accordance with GAAP and Federal grant agreement requirements
- Ensure compliance with their Field Operation Manual and U.S. Government accounting policies
- Gather and provide information, prepare schedules and analysis, organize supporting documents for year- end financial statements and A-133 audits
- Provide necessary checks and balances with technical, administrative, logistics & procurement, and management staff in compliance with the U.S. Office of Management and Budget requirements
- Assist in the development, maintenance and analysis of organizational and program budgets
- Prepare and process bi-monthly payroll
- Supervise and review cash in safe and related records
- Approve payment vouchers prepared by staff accountants for payments; review that invoices and all required accurate and complete supporting documents are attached to the disbursement voucher to approve the payment
- Perform special projects as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer
- Oversee and communicate with headquarters accounting staff, ensuring the following:
- Expenditures are recorded to the proper account and project
- Project(s) are within budgeted guidelines
- Accounting data and documents are forwarded on a monthly basis to the organization’s headquarters
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Proven working experience as Accounting Manager
- Minimum of five 5 years’ experience
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP), practices, standards and regulations
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to direct and supervise
- Advanced computer skills on MS office and QuickBooks accounting software.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and French
- Experienced with all phases of the general ledger
- Non-profit or NGO experience (preferred).
- Master’s degree, or higher, in Accounting (preferred).
- 1+ years of prior experience living and working in Africa (preferred).
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3550”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3550 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Wednesday, 16 January 2019
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: account, Accounting, accounts, administrative, africa, analysis, and, CFO, client, communication, compliance, control, Data, development, field, financial, Financial Reports, food, french, GAAP, general, government, information, Knowledge, logistics, maintenance, manage, Management, market, NGO, of, Office, officer, operations, people, policies, procurement, program, reports, s, software, support, systems, technical