Job Vacancy – Accounts Assistant in Limuru
Duma Works is recruiting an Accounts Assistant for one of our clients in Limuru.
The company is seeking to recruit a highly talented individual to fill in the following position:
Accounts Assistant (Payables)
Reporting to the Chief Accountant, the Accounts Assistant will be responsible for ensuring steady preparation, processing of purchases, payments, sales invoices, and other accounting tasks.
This position will be based in Tigoni, Kiambu County.
• Reviewing, verifying, entering and uploading financial transactions
• Preparing various accounting reports as required
• Preparing, processing and monitoring accounts to ensure records are up to date
• Preparing cheques for payment
• Managing petty cash and reconciliations
• Posting transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
• Corresponding with vendors and responding to inquiries
• Supporting tax preparation in particular VAT
• Performing internal audit tasks as directed by management
• Supporting other accounting staff as directed
• Providing supporting documentation for audits
• Helping in stock – take at the end of the month
• Other accounting tasks as directed
Key Skills and Qualifications
• Formal accounting education – diploma, university coursework, or CPA certification
• At least 2 years’ working experience in accounts payables
• Knowledge of accounting software, preferably Microsoft Dynamics NAV
• Proficient in data entry and file management
• Strong organization skills
• Excellent report writing skills, communication skills and problem solving skills
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3211”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3211 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 9th March 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: accountant, Accounting, accounts, Accounts assistant, assistant, audit, Chief Accountant, CPA, Data, data entry, diploma, DUMA, DUMA Works, Education, entry, financial, job, Job Opening, Job Opportunity, job vacancy, Jobs, jobs in kenya, jobs in nairobi, Kenya, key, kiambu, Limuru, Management, monitoring, payables, processing, Recruit, Recruiting, reporting, sales, Tigoni, vacancy, works