Job Vacancy – Accounts Assistant
Duma Works is recruiting an Accounts Assistant for one of it’s clients in Nairobi. The role is responsible for PAYMENTS, POSTINGS, and PETTY CASH. These are the three core job duties. The Accounts Assistant will mainly be responsible for ensuring steady preparation & processing of purchases, payments, sales invoices, Receivables,
reconciliations and other accounting tasks.
Task and Responsibilities
- Attends to queries from customers on billing.
- Attends to queries on invoicing/billing from the finance department and auditors.
- Quotations and all relevant administration.
- Communicate with all subsidiaries on issues with invoices/bills.
- Invoice customer when due.
- Receive invoices from 3rd party sub-contractors and suppliers for posting
- Preparing cheques for payment
- Managing petty cash and reconciliations
- Posting transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Corresponding with vendors and responding to inquiries
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Self-motivated, high energy, keen
- Great communicator, team player
- Super organized
- Accurate and speedy at preparing documents & spreadsheets
- Experience in admin/accounts type work
- Any level of CPA qualifications attained or in progress, and/or diploma or first degree in any relevant field, are advantageous
To apply online click here
Deadline for receiving applications: Monday, 23 November 2020
This post is currently TEMPORARY from Jan – Jun 2021, pending review of the Finance & Accounting team structure.
* After making your application,you will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online from [email protected]. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Accounting, Accounts assistant, Admin, Administration, assistant, CPA, customer, diploma, Finance, invoice, receivables, sales