Job Vacancy – Accounts Assistant
Duma Works is recruiting a Female Accounts Assistant for one of its clients in Ruiru.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Tracking and posting all company expenditures whilst employing proper controls and account for monies/expenses and help in ensuring effective internal controls and minimizing risks.
- Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable.
- Prepare payments of goods and services suppliers to the company.
- Reporting on debtors and creditors.
- Handling accruals and prepayments.
- Assisting with budgets.
- Posting financial information into Quickbooks.
- Coordinating internal and external audits.
- Posting daily receipts.
- Completing the year-end analysis.
- Play a leading role in the stock and physical assets accounting and recording on monthly basis.
- Timely reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Filing monthly statutory returns on time ie PAYE,NSSF,NHIF,VAT
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts for audit and tax returns.
- Provide effective communication and correspondence with suppliers, Customers, financiers, clients and other business issues.
- In charge of & Custodian of backups of office machines (computers).
- Provide technical support and information to the auditors in relation to the financial requirements for audit purposes.
- Management of local sale invoices i.e posting of invoices, receiving of cash/cheques and ensuring they are banked as required.
- Preparation of customer invoices with ETR receipts on time and posting into the system.
- Petty cash management: Confirming the validify of vouchers, issuing of cash and ensuring that the petty cash A/C balances as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounts.
- Professional qualification in Accounting (CPA, ACCA) level 2
- High level of computer literacy with sound knowledge of financial accounting software and spreadsheet packages.
- Preferably 25 years and below of age.
- Solid knowledge of full-cycle accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash-flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
- 1-2 years of experience
Something extra to get our attention!
- Work experience in an export industry.
- QuickBooks knowhow & Accounting background Excellent Skills with Microsoft Office especially MS-Excel;
- Organized & keen to detail, strong written and oral communication skills
- A gross salary of 25000- 30000
To apply online click here
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 01 January 2021
* After making your application, you will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test from [email protected]. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Accounting, Accounting Jobs, accounts, Job Opening, Job Opportunity, jobs in kenya, jobs in nairobi, jobs in ruiru, ruiru