Job Vacancy – Accounts Assistant
Duma Works is recruiting an Accounts Assistant for our client; a leading supplier of quality office and home furniture.
We are looking for someone who will be able to maintain accurate records of financial transactions, receive and reconcile payments from customers for invoices as well as cash sales. He/She will also be required to maintain a timely record of payments due to the company, liaise with customer accounts teams to reconcile accounts and ensure timely payments.
- Maintain accurate records of all payments made to the company
- Reconcile customer accounts on a timely and accurate basis
- Liaise with customer accounts teams to resolve any dispute or inconsistencies
- Drive timely receipt of payments from customers
- Maintain accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions
- Summarizes current accounts receivable status regularly, highlighting any issues to management
- Create and reconcile a record of cash and equivalent payments to the company
- Prepare bank deposits
- Support chief accountant and external auditors for annual audit
- Organize and file records for historical record-keeping
- Prepare detailed financial analyses for management periodically
- Implement and enforce internal controls
- Provide daily, weekly, and monthly reporting to management as requested
- Create invoices and sales receipts on an occasional basis
- Coordinate with other staff on accounting issues
- Contribute to company success through teamwork, flexibility, effort and intelligence
- At least 2+ years’ experience in a bookkeeping or accounting function
- At least 1+ years’ experience in an accounts receivable role
- Be familiar with Quick-books accounting software
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Be a young person with commitment and ready to grow with the company
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV to [email protected]. As the subject line of your email, write “2161” and please make sure to include your Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2161, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. in the message body. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 11th April 2016
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Accounting Jobs, accounts, Accounts assistant, careers, Finance, job, Job vacancies, vacancy