Job Vacancy – Administration Officer
Duma Works is recruiting an Administration Officer for our client; an agricultural supply chain platform operating in East Africa.
Under the supervision of the Finance & Administration Manager, the Administration Officer will provide general office administration services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies and monitoring administrative projects and tasks to their successful completion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain the contacts database, keep updated records of donors, partners, and other stakeholders. Research and share information and feedback from stakeholders with the organization.
- Manage office petty cash and respond to depots petty cash requests at all times.
- Maintain asset register: Purchasing new assets and ensure all assets are in good condition which include assets at the depots.
- Ensuring all payments have the relevant support documents: requisition, quotation, LPO, Delivery Note, invoice, acceptance of goods/services.
- Manage administration workflow. Schedule and assign administration tasks, study and implement cost reduction methods in task execution and develop reporting procedures for administration work.
- Maintain clear one on one relationships with suppliers for all services rendered by the organization, schedule renewals of contracts with suppliers.
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintain accurate records of administration tasks (both past and present). Forecast scheduled appointments. This includes schedules for office cleaning, repairs, maintenance of the printers etc.
- Ensure that the office is clean, secure and safe at all times.
- Manage the organization’s reception area: Respond to general enquiries and attend to walk in visitors, receive incoming calls and forward to relevant persons/take messages for those absent. Receive and responds to all inquiries made at the reception by providing directions, instructions, or other general information or referring such inquiries to the appropriate persons.
- Ensure that the telephones, water and sanitation facilities are well maintained.
- Work closely with the accountant in preparation of payment vouchers for every transaction, ensuring all receipts/ invoices and proof of payments are attached and stamped PAID.
- Manage the travel schedule of Staff. This includes booking flights for staff and visitors invited to various meetings and forums
- Assist the head of departments in printing, scanning, responding to emails and other duties when requested
- Take down minutes during staff meetings, circulate them and highlight action points to specific staff. Keep proper records of all staff meetings.
- Prepare administration quarterly reports: This include but are not limited to: office supplies usage, calls received and concerns noted, staff welfare reports and any other administration reports that may be required from time to time.
- Resolve administrative problems and challenges by coordinating the administration docket effectively, preparation of reports and analyzing data and identifying solutions to recurrent problems.
- Develop and implement an effective filing system for all administration tasks and procedures.
- Ensure that bills, invoices, receipts, statements, checks, and other financial requirements are in order.
- Any other duties as may be required by the head of finance and administration manager or the Directors of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- At least one three year progressive Administration experience in a busy office.
- Accounting knowledge is desirable
- Human resource knowledge is an added advantage
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of general office machines
- High degree of discretion in dealing with confidential information
- High degree of flexibility, punctuality and discipline.
Working conditions are normal for an office and field environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2983”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2983 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Thursday, 17 August 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: accountant, Administration, administrative, and, business, business administration, cleaning, communication, company, cost, Data, delivery, field, Finance, financial, general, head, information, inventory, invoice, job, Knowledge, maintenance, manage, manager, monitoring, of, Office, Office administration, officer, one, printing, reception, reporting, research, resource, services, software, solutions, stock, supplies, support, systems, team, travel, work