Job Vacancy – Administrative and Logistics Officer
Duma Works is recruiting an Administrative & Logistics Officer for the Directorate-General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO) in Nairobi, Kenya.
The European Commission DG for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operation – ECHO has a Regional Office in Nairobi.
The office comprises of 21 international & 26 national staff. An important part of the function will be dedicated to the management of logistics through an ERP IT tool. For more details about the post and the type of contract, please click here.
About The Role
The Administrative & Logistics officer will be based in Nairobi and will be responsible for planning and executing all necessary office and residential logistics and administrative functions and assuring fulfilment of the needs for transportation, inventory management, office supplies as well as logistics/administrative support to the international personnel working in ECHO RO Nairobi.
Duties and Responsibilities
The major duties and responsibilities of the Administrative & Logistics Officer are as follows:
- Contributes to procurement process for office property, expendable supplies and services
- Corresponds and negotiates with all ECHO vendors on procurement related matters
- Conducts tendering procedures as appropriate
- Drafts authorization requests to be submitted to the line manager
- Prepares purchase orders and drafts contracts
- Follows-up the activities and tasks undertaken by contractors as indicated in the signed service/procurement contracts or POs
- Oversees and ensures proper maintenance and functioning of office equipment and furniture
- Follows-up inventory and updates in case of purchase, transfer, donation and written off
- Liaises between ECHO Regional Office and other ECHO field offices in the region on logistics and protocol matters and will therefore be required to travel
- In the next 6 months, the office is going to relocate – therefore, being involved in the organisation of the move immediately after commencing in this position.
- A first level university degree either in business administration, supply chain management, logistics/operations management or other relevant field is required;If the candidate does not have a relevant university degree, eight years’ work experience in the humanitarian sector will be required
- Proven experience in working with an ERP system
- A minimum of five years’ work experience in the area of procurement & logistics and administration
- Knowledge of working processes: purchase orders, preparation of contracts for services and goods, tendering, inventory, fleet management, etc
- Previous experience in a Non-Governmental or other International Organisation is an advantage
- Excellent drafting skills
- Excellent IT skills: strong computer competency with word processing and spreadsheets
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Ability to anticipate and plan, ability to analyze and synthesize information and to be practical
- Commitment, determination, reliability and a high degree of personal integrity & discretion
- Highly motivated hands-on self-starter with ability to work independently
How to Apply
Applications must comprise of;
- Your updated resume (max 3 pages)
- A one-page motivational letter setting out briefly the candidate’s motivation and suitability for the role
- A copy of youreducational certificates and other relevant document
To apply online click here or send your motivational letter ,detailed CV and educational documents(compiled as one document) to [email protected] marking the subject as “3348”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3348 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Monday, 14 May 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Administration, administrative, and, Apply, area, business, business administration, chain, civil, dumaworks, ERP, field, furniture, information, international, inventory, IT, Kenya, level, line, logistics, maintenance, Management, manager, nairobi, of, off, Office, officer, online, operations, operations management, personal, phone, planning, POS, processing, procurement, property, Recruiting, reliability, service, services, sms, supplies, supply, supply chain, support, the, transportation, travel, work, works