Job Vacancy – Administrative Assistant
Duma Works is recruiting an Administrative Assistant in Nairobi. The hiring organization is a reputable women-focused start-up that uniquely combines financing and last-mile distribution of modern household goods in a one-stop shop for the rural areas.
We are a women-focused start-up that uniquely combines financing and last-mile distribution of modern household goods in a one-stop shop for the rural areas. We make technology goods, such as solar systems or efficient jikos, both accessible and affordable by offering consumer financing to the under-served and unbanked. We deliver life improving products to our clients’ doorsteps while making all products payable in affordable instalments.
We sell our products through groups that are recruited and managed by women leaders in the rural heartlands of Bungoma, Kakamega and Nandi Counties. Since our humble beginnings in 2015, we have reached over 6,000 clients and are expanding our reach further with new locations coming up.
About the role
We are looking for a dedicated, smart, and self-driven individual who has exceptional time management, organisation and communication skills to coordinate and manage the administrative day to day operations of the company.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work under tight timelines, manage high levels of pressure and work closely with both the Director and key staff.
This person must be well organised and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a dynamic business. The position will be based in Nairobi and may require flexibility around working hours and upcountry travel, and so we encourage candidates to consider this before applying.
Operations, Correspondence and Administration
- Composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential
- Arranging detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for meetings
- Filing and effective record keeping of all company information
- Payments of utilities e.g. electricity and water bills and statutory requirements e.g. renewal of business permits; rent
- Expense management, chasing receipts etc.
- Ensuring timely delivery of office supplies and liaise with suppliers on replacement of faulty products
- Sourcing for office supplies and organizing for maintenance of office equipment
Internal Team Support
- Works collaboratively with all team members to support the day to day operations and chips in to sort administrative needs for both the Nairobi and upcountry (mainly remotely) teams.
- You’re passionate about rural development and making a difference for the less well-off in this country and excited about working in a multi-cultural environment; You value diversity and are respectful to others
- You are a doer and get things done! You’re a team player who leads by example and excellent at listening and building trust and long-lasting relationships with clients/suppliers and within teams
- You value ownership and freedom in exchange for accountability and responsibility
- You are self-driven, highly organised and able to operate independently towards set targets
- Minimum two years’ experience in an administrative role
- B+ or higher at Secondary School and a Diploma or University Degree with a Second Class Upper or equivalent
- Fluency in both speaking and writing English & Kiswahili
- Experience in using Microsoft Office products; with a high proficiency in Word and Excel
- 2 years’ work experience in an administrative role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability and emotional maturity
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3258”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3258 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 16 March 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Administration, administrative, and, building, bungoma, business, communication, company, country, delivery, development, diploma, director, electricity, executive, information, key, maintenance, manage, Management, nairobi, Nandi, of, Office, operations, person, rural, shop, solar, speaking, supplies, support, systems, team, technology, the, travel, two, work, works, writing