Job Vacancy – Administrator/Executive Assistant
Duma Works is recruiting an Administrator/Executive Assistant for our client; a reputable International school with the state of the art facilities for learners and best practices in the education sector.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining all office and school record-keeping systems.
- Maintain a comprehensive web-based student database.
- Develop and tracks records and reports related to incidents, accidents, billing, average daily attendance, and test scores.
- Use both computer and manual filing systems which allow for efficient collection, retention, and retrieval of information.
- Complete forms which include purchase orders, online supply orders, conference/travel claims, mileage claims, timesheets, evaluation forms, enrollment cards, rosters and other related forms.
- Create and maintains student files.
- Maintains records for teacher and school budgets, student body funds, attendance, and other related records as needed.
- Prepare, create, and compose letters, reports, bulletins, and other documents for the school or instructional programs.
- Answers routine correspondence for the school manager.
- Prepare documents from rough draft, notes, recordings, or oral instructions.
- Submit print requests.
- Prepare reports from confidential records.
- Operate computer and standard office equipment.
- Act as liaison between the school site and the general public by researching and conveying information concerning rules, regulations, policies, and laws.
- Addresse standard inquiries by letter, phone, e-mail, fax or personal contact.
- Maintain internal communication system insuring instructional, probation, and support personnel are kept informed of needed information.
- Interact with and assist students when necessary.
- Draft and interpret regulations and deal with queries and complaints procedures.
- Assist students and parents/guardians by explaining and enforcing school site requirements.
- Communicate as necessary with supervisor.
- Maintain confidentiality of records.
Site / Program Support
- Ensure that appropriate calendars of activities are maintained for the school including establishment of schedules for
parent conferences, Individualized Education Program (IEP) meetings, school visitors, and other meetings.
- Assist in the process of registering new students.
- Coordinate and schedule transportation for students and staff.
- Planning and coordinating school events
- Assist manager and other staff in planning and preparing for staff meetings, inservices, conferences, and workshops.
- Assist in the development of office procedures;
- Ensure appropriate security and safety methods are employed within the office.
- Order supplies and equipment for school ensuring adequate levels are maintained.
- Organise and facilitate a variety of educational or social activities.
- A degree or higher in Business Administration or related field.
Training and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in an administrative role.
- Any combination of training and/or experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties as described.
- Experience working at as an executive assistant is desirable.
- Standard administrative procedures and office operations, English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Business formatting of documents.
- Basic research techniques.
- Standard software applications.
- Budget and accounting principles.
- Standard types of office filing systems.
- Proper telephone etiquette.
Skill and Ability to:
- Operate standard office equipment.
- Accurately prepare, create, edit, and design memos, reports, letters, and other documents.
- Maintain complex databases and management information systems.
- Learn new software applications.
- Communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Proofread material and make necessary corrections.
- Utilize time management techniques to organize and prioritize work.
- Read, interpret, and apply rules, laws, and procedures.
- Follow instructions.
- Work independently.
- Maintain confidentiality of student and program information.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with students, parents/guardians, colleagues and the general public.
You will need to have:
- Strong interpersonal skills to help you relate to students, academic staff, teachers, senior managers and colleagues in other areas of education administration.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Team working skills and the ability to work alone without supervision.
- The ability to deal positively with change.
- Experience in organising, prioritising and managing your time effectively.
- IT skills in areas such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases and the internet as well as the use of social media.
- A flexible approach to work.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3183”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3183 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Thursday, 12 July 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Accounting, Administration, administrative, Administrator, and, Apply, Best Practices, business, client, collection, communication, customer, Customer service, database management, Design, development, DUMA, DUMA Works, Education, evaluation, general, information, information systems, international, internet, IT, Knowledge, level, Liaison, Management, media, of, Office, office operations, online, operations, parent, personal, phone, planning, policies, print, processing, program, programs, Recruiting, research, secretary, security, senior, service, site, social, Social Media, software, supervisor, supplies, supply, support, systems, teacher, team, technical, training, transportation, travel, work, works