Job Vacancy – Agronomist
- Oversee and play a leading role in the planning and implementation of production programmes.
- Oversee the plantings and management; crop nutrition and protection) of organic avocado and passion fruits in the company own farms as well as contracted farmers.
- Provide technical agronomic skills and related advisory to field staff, farm hands and small holder farmers in order to raise quality as well as increase production.
- Hands on supervision of farm operations such as cultivation, irrigation, spraying, composting, harvesting etc.
- Oversee and manage all quality issues and complaints pertaining to field production process.
- With field manager and field officers play a leading role in recruiting farmers and their farms production enhancement.
- Ensure implementation and maintenance of Global Gap, Organic and SMETA standards and protocols.
- Preparation and facilitation of farm schedules like audit schedules, field testing, analysis schedules and farmers training schedules.
- Provide proper coordination of on farm teams activities, effective communication and provide timely reports.
- In liaison with administration department prepare requisition for farm inputs and other materials needs and ensure proper utilization and accountability.
- Proper handling and maintenance of farm and field outreach equipment, machines etc and keeping up to date inventories.
- Representing the company in meetings and other forums related to the company’s nature of work.
- Strictly one to three years maximum demonstrable hands-on experience in fruits and vegetables on-farm experience.
- Working with small holder farmers is an added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Evidence and ability to use MS office is a prerequisite.
- Valid vehicle or motorcycle license is a must.
- Knowledge and working with Organic and Global Gap standards.-
- Good interpersonal skills and abilities to work in a work deliverable demanding environment.
- A self-starter and goal achievement oriented individual who can work without close supervision.
- Demonstrable integrity and passion for social economic impact in rural areas.
To apply online click here
Deadline for receiving applications: Tuesday, 12 January 2021
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Administration, agricultural officer, agronomist, agronomy, avocado, avocado farming, avocado growing, communication, crop science, Economic, field, field manager, GAP, horticulture, impact, Liaison, maintenance, manage, Management, manager, Nutrition, Office, one, operations, planning, production, Quality, Recruiting, reports, rural, science, social, technical, training, work