Job Vacancy – Alumni Programme Coordinator in Nairobi
Duma Works is recruiting an Alumni programme coordinator for Generation Kenya.
Generation is a global youth employment programme that helps provide young adults the opportunity to launch successful careers and change their life trajectories. Generation is the first initiative of McKinsey Social Initiative, a non-profit organisation founded by McKinsey & Company. We are seeking a talented individual to manage our alumni relations, keeping track of how our students progress, organising coaching and reunions, and managing the alumni database. The alumni coordinator will report to the Generation Kenya Programme Manager. They will be the primary point of contact for all Generation alumni, who currently number ~4,000, and will be over 10,000 by the end of 2017.
Managing Alumni Relations
- Being primary point of contact between Generation Kenya team and alumni.
- Monitoring alumni well-being and managing any difficult situations that they face.
- Contributing to the organisation of graduation ceremonies for alumni.
Tracking Alumni Data
- Managing the contract with our tracking partners (who provide software & monitoring services).
- Maintain and update our alumni database, tracking and updating alumni contact details, employment status, social and financial well-being, and progress at work.
- Monitoring alumni well-being overall and assessing what metrics we track.
- Suggesting improvements to our tracking systems.
Running Alumni Mentoring
- Running the alumni committee, scheduling meetings and seeking & channeling their input into the overall program strategy.
- Organising overall mentorship strategies for alumni, especially in peer-to-peer mentoring.
- Co-developing content for coaching sessions and technical skills, with our curriculum team.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2 – 3 years of experience coordinating alumni programmes.
- Data analysis experience in Microsoft Excel − Able to use pivot tables − Able to use formula like vlookup or sum.
- “Do-er” mindset, with a passion for achieving results.
- Excited to put the alumni strategy into practice, not just writing the plan but carrying it out.
- Results-oriented rather than process focused, thinking of a solution whenever you see a problem.
- Well-developed sense of attention to detail.
- Interest in working in a fast growing organization and being an integral part of aggressive scale.
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player.
- Excited about a flexible role, actively seeking new responsibilities and adaptable enough to enjoy a start-up environment.
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “2526”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2526 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 25th November 2016
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Alumni Coordinator, Alumni programme coordinator, career, career development, curricular development, DUMA Works, Find a Job, Job Matching, Job Opening, Job Opportunity, job vacancy, Jobs, jobs in nairobi, Kenya, nairobi, Opportunity, programme coordinator, Startup, Vacancies, vacancy, Youth, youth employment programme