Job Vacancy – Assistant Accountant
Documentation and Data Capturing
- Scan and upload the approved petty cash payment vouchers and bills to pay from vendors into Hubdoc.
- Review the uploaded vouchers and bills in the Hubdoc if they are coded to the right accounts before pushing them into Xero.
- Performing daily petty cash and bank reconciliations.
- Handling accruals and prepayments
- Review payments for the purchase of raw cashews made to the farmers before posting them into the system.
- Ensuring all costs associated with the purchase of cashews are coded to the right account.
- Reconcile the inventory of received cashews from Mtwara with the records appearing in the purchasing system.
- Review payments for the purchase of packaging materials before posting them into the system
- Ensuring all costs associated with the purchase of packaging materials are coded to the right account.
- Ensuring that the received packaging materials tally with the received packing list.
- Liaise with the production team and ensures all production costs are coded to the right accounts in the system.
- Performing daily finished goods inventory reconciliation.
- Performing Monthly Physical Inventory count.
Accounts Receivable Management
- Receive orders from the sales team and prepare customer invoices.
- Prepare the statement of accounts for the due invoices and liaise with the sales team for payment follow-up.
- Liaise with the sales team to remind customers of overdue invoices.
- Review accounts receivable reports regularly to identify notorious customers and other anomalies.
- Prepare and file VAT Returns for ZRB and TRA before the due date.
- Prepare and file PAYE and SDL, WHT to TRA before the due date.
- Prepare and file ZSSF Contributions before the due date.
- Create control numbers for effecting payments to ZRB, TRA, and ZSSF before the due date.
- Liaise with External Auditors in the preparation of statutory financial reports and filing the annual tax return.
- Prepare and submit to the management daily petty cash report.
- Prepare and submit to the management daily finished goods inventory report.
- Other reports as required by the management.
- In general, to perform any other duties that might be requested by the management.
To apply online click here
This position will remain open until filled.
Zanzibar based professionals are encouraged to apply.
* You will receive a confirmation email from [email protected] and an alert to take a basic screening test online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application. For any inquiries about the position, kindly reach out to us on [email protected]
Posted in Jobs Tags: account, accountant jobs in zanzibar, accounting jobs in zanzibar, accounts, Accounts zanzibar, Data, Finance, Finance zanzibar, financial, Financial Reports, hiring in zanzibar, jobs in zanzibar, Management, recruitment in zanzibar