Job Vacancy – Assistant Bursar
Duma Works is recruiting an Assistant Bursar for one of our clients; a recognized and accredited college in Nairobi.
The College currently has a vacancy for an Assistant Bursar, to be responsible for the efficient and effective organization and operation of all functions of the billing, collection, deposit, disbursement and record maintenance of student and other related monies.
- Billing, receipting, and collection of fees in a timely manner and reconciling students` accounts.
- Carry out banking, bank reconciliation and update all the ledgers on daily basis.
- Management of petty cash.
- Ensuring statutory deductions and all taxes are paid on time.
- Conversant with iTax system.
- Monitoring expenditures versus budget set and explain any discrepancies.
- Assist in the preparation of the payroll.
- Assist in the preparation of audit documents for the external auditor.
- Assist in preparation of monthly budgets and financial statements.
- Maintaining the office files and relevant documents including the filing of financial documents.
- Carry out monthly stock take for stationeries and office supplies.
- Prepare as needed weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports and analyses.
- Deal directly with students or others to resolve all problems and complaints concerning student accounts.
- Manage junior level staffs.
- First degree, preferably with specialization in Accounting or Business Administration.
- A minimum of a CPA Part II
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a busy environment, preferably in a college set up.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to organize and coordinate large workloads in a timely and effective manner.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3388”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3388 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 22 June 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Accounting, accounts, Administration, and, audit, Auditor, bank, banking, business, business administration, collection, CPA, external auditor, financial, junior, level, maintenance, of, Office, stock, supplies