Job Vacancy – Assistant Fashion Buyer
Duma Works is recruiting an Assistant Fashion Buyer. The hiring firm is a high end classic clothing and fashion line with stores within Nairobi.
The Assistant Buyer ensures that products appear in the right store, at the right time and in the right quantities. This involves working closely with the Merchandising and Design Teams to accurately forecast trends, plan stock levels and monitor performance. The Assistant Buyer will be able to analyze market trends and conditions, store inventory levels, product content and assortment, along with demographic requirements to make sound decisions that deliver assigned sales and profit goals.
Plan the Product Assortment
- Together with Head of Merchandising create pre-season forecasting plans to ensure sales units and profit targets
- Develop strategies for projected forecasts, inventory by sku needs, and order flow set ups for specified timeframe
- Manage the monthly merchandise flow calendars and create strategies to maximize sales, profitability, and customer expectations (ex. What time items have to be produced to meet in-store delivery dates)
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities and recommend strategies to achieve financial goals
- Track styles throughout the development, production, and shipping stage
- Create and maintain tracking of all set samples to ensure that photography, product code set-up, and shipping date to warehouse deadlines are met
- Maintain Product image files by season for Merchandise library and to share with Marketing and Online teams
- Assist Marketing with Photography scheduling and coordination for in-house shoots
- Prioritize and re-prioritize styles to be produced to capitalize on sales trends and business needs
Allocate to Stores
- Coordinate with Store Coordinator for restocking and replenishment needs and allocate from warehouse
- Perform allocation on time in order to maintain the flow of merchandise to shops and meet logistics requirements
- Create store allocation matrix to ship correct product to specific stores that maximizes sell through.
- Manage stock levels through sell thru and in-stock position per store. Monitor stock based on forecasts and flag overstock situations, monitoring slow sellers and suggesting action plans
- Create and manage optimum product mix per store
- Create markdown and sale strategies to minimize dead stock
- Analyze spreadsheet reports, size, and selling data in order to identify improvement opportunities and implement allocation strategies to maximize business
- Develop store specific distribution plans based on the sales trends, seasonal needs of the particular store and prioritize the distributions
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities to business and recommend strategies to achieve financial goals
- Present analysis in weekly business meetings and monthly planning meetings
- Drive analytical excellence by developing new reporting and approaches.
Behaviors and Traits:
- Commitment to exceeding internal and external customer expectations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think strategically and strong problem solver
- Excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Very strong organizational skills, able to handle multiple priorities
- Results oriented individual with attention to detail
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills required
- Analytical skills
- Results oriented individual with strong numerical and mathematical skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills. Planning systems experience preferred
- 1-3 years of merchandise planning experience, strongly preferred
- BA/BS degree in business-related field and/or relevant work experience
- Strong Interest in Women’s fashion preferred
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2889”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2889 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 30 June 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: analysis, analytical, and, assistant, business, communication, content, coordinator, customer, Data, delivery, Design, development, fashion, field, financial, head, inventory, job, logistics, manage, market, Marketing, merchandising, monitoring, of, online, opportunities, photography, planning, product, production, reporting, sale, sales, selling, stock, systems, the, warehouse, work