Job Vacancy – Assistant Internal Auditor
Main tasks include:
- Participate in developing and implementing a detailed audit plan that takes into consideration risk assessment, goals and objectives of management.
- Make comprehensive plans to carry out audit tasks individually or with a team, including determination of audit objectives, identifying controls and risks, and creating the right audit program
- Identify potential IT risks and related issues by applying knowledge of Information Technology industry trends and present IT environment
- Conduct audits or lead audit teams in performance of IT audits and reviews of systems, applications and IT processes. These include;
- Perform pre and post- implementation reviews of system implementations or enhancements.
- IT security audits (e.g. network, operating system and data center), including evaluating if security vulnerabilities are properly identified and mitigated.
- Evaluate information general computing controls and provide value added feedback. Test compliance with those controls.
- Perform various other reviews of IT management policies and procedures such as change management, business continuity planning/ disaster recovery and information security to ensure that controls surrounding these processes are adequate.
- Develop, build & implement tools to analyze data to improve audit efficiency and effectiveness, (including for risk assessments).
- Ultimately be a source for analytics that business units adopt to provide business insights or for continuous auditing
- Carry out special assignments, that may include conducting investigations into alleged fraudulent activities
- Produce and review reports and audit work papers, ensuring effective documentation of results of reviews on assigned activities that have been made, as well as the recommended action that management should take, for easy follow up
Employee specifications and Experience
- Hold a relevant degree
- CPA/ ACCA qualifications
- Must have experience in Auditing of computerized systems including IT controls
- Experience in using an audit software (CAATs)
- Working knowledge/Experience in data analytics
- Have good interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Have a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Be keen and have attention to details competency
To apply online click here
This position will remain open until filled.
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: ACCA, africa, agricultural, analytical, and, assistant, audit, auditing, Auditor, business, client, compliance, computing, Data, Firm, general, Group, industry, information, information technology, IT, Knowledge, level, Management, Marketing, Nandi, network, of, Office, planning, policies, professional, Recruiting, reports, security, software, systems, tea, team, technology, work, works