Job Vacancy – Assistant Manager, Programs and Partnerships
Duma Works is recruiting an Assistant Manager, Programs and Partnerships for our client; Lapid Leaders Africa.
About Lapid Leaders Africa:
Lapid Leaders Africa (LLA) is a non-profit organisation that exists to develop the next generation of African Leaders into transformational leaders in the marketplace. We are dedicated to bridging the gap between education and meaningful careers by developing the next generation into solution providers and change-makers in Africa. We make this possible by igniting prowess among Africa’s youth through delivery of world-class leadership experiences that change mindsets, build self-awareness and cultivate exceptional character and skills to lead in the marketplace.
Reporting to the CEO, the Assistant Manager of Programs and Partnerships will be responsible for the operational success of Lapid Leaders Africa, ensuring seamless team management and development, program delivery, and quality control and evaluation. In this newly established role, the Assistant Manager of Programs will manage a growing staff of 4 full-time staff and over 15 volunteers. Your team will be the wizard behind the activities of all the programs, keeping all aspects of the program operations organized, efficient and smooth. Your role will also play a key role in the engagement of partners by planning, developing and delivery of successful partnership engagement to promote brand visibility and the delight of the leaders we serve.
The ideal person for the job is a problem solver with excellent communication skills and impeccable attention to detail. The ability to multitask, manage complex schedules, and meet changing deadlines is essential to the position. You thrive in a start-up and ambiguous environment. You are excited about supporting the development of Africa’s youth. The role has a lot of opportunities of growth and exposure. It will develop you into a builder with the capacity to build and run any organization while driving impact and growth of others. You have the ability to thrive in an environment that’s driven by conservative values and principles.
- Cultivate existing relationships with faculty and other partners with the goal of ensuring delivery of quality programs
- Develop and implement strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas.
Program Operational Leadership:
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership by being actively involved in all programs and services, developing a broad and deep knowledge of all programs.
- Identify opportunities for LLA to leverage cross-program strengths to take advantage of new opportunities and/or to address organizational challenges.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain the programs team with an emphasis on developing capacity in strategic analysis and planning and program budgeting.
- Develop and implement training programs and retreats to expand the capacity of all staff.
- Prepare and submit an annual operational budget, manage effectively within this budget, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered.
- Ensure the continued financial viability of LLA programs through sound fiscal management.
External Relationship Development:
- Manage and cultivate existing and new relationships with corporate partners to secure and expand recurring revenue streams.
- Publicly represent LLA with the media and external constituency groups including community, governmental, and private organizations and build excitement for the mission.
Strategic Plan Implementation:
- Provide programmatic leadership and input for all strategic plan implementation processes with the CEO and staff.
- Coach program assistants as they implement the strategic plan and transition program operations.
- Develop and implement a system for tracking and reporting on the progress of the strategic plan implementation.
- Implement and lead a continuous quality improvement process throughout the program and service areas, focusing on systems/process improvement. Promote regular and ongoing opportunities for all staff to give feedback on program operations.
Team Management and Development:
- Develop and implement a system to evaluate the skill, experience, and professional development needs of all staff.
- Implement a leadership development program to address employee experience and skill gaps.
- Work with staff to develop objective performance measurements to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting for all employees.
- Instill a sense of accountability among team members by modeling tight oversight of individual and organization performance standards.
- Recruit, hire, and oversee training and orientation of all staff members.
Program Operational Management:
- Develop calendar of activities for each cohort and oversee the implementation of the activities
- Oversee the development of the plan for the respective programs and coordinating the implementation of the plan including overseeing the running of the classes
- Using the existing balanced score card and program dashboard; establish consistent, objective program performance standards of accountability
- Ensure that the quality of each program is maintained by developing course guides for each cohort and utilising them to assess effectiveness of each class
- May assist in developing teaching materials, handouts, and other learning materials
- Planning, coordinating and executing classes and any other workshops including agenda development, managing contributors and logistics
- Overseeing and/or coordinating the collection, compilation, and analysis of program activity data; develops, writes, and presents comprehensive statistical and narrative program reports.
- Work alongside the Strategy and Executive functions to oversee the growth and engagement of the Lapid Leaders Council by planning their calendar and programs that they will be engaged in
- Develop the necessary systems, processes, and tools to better support the facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge that is generated by the programs.
- Develop dissemination system to share organizational learning with a broad range of communities.
- Ensure that key project outcomes and/or policy, advocacy, and legislation are evaluated and leveraged for maximum community and organizational impact.
- Work collaboratively with the senior management team to integrate cross program activities and functions.
- Create and oversee all event calendars and checklists for marketing events
- Coordinate all on-site and off-site events including but not limited to: learning labs introduction ceremonies, transition ceremonies, masterclasses, bootcamps, mock interviews, summits, camps, webinars, open days, marketing outreaches and activations among others
- Success in the role entails delivery of project plans, timelines and supplier briefs. This includes supplier search, appointment, negotiation and management to ensure we remain on brief, within budget and produce exceptional events. The suppliers include but not limited to: venue, caterers, entertainment, printers, designers, event production companies (where applicable) among others
- Work with marketing team to design and deliver event collateral and merchandise that form part of our messaging campaign
- Provide logistical support for all media and conference appearances for all team members
- Ensure continuous improvement of events/processes are undertaken and necessary remedial actions are introduced as effectively as possible
- Conducting and coordinating knowledge and content creation for reports and presenting information through reports and graphics
- Understanding the current state of the leadership development sector and what organizations are doing in order to promote strategic introductions and collaborations
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
The job description is a guide to the level and range of responsibilities the post-holder is expected to undertake initially and duties of that post may be altered from time to time to meet changing demands
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum BS/BA degree with at least 5 years of experience and a track record in program management.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff to manage and develop high-performance teams and develop and implement program strategies.
- Analytical and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to operational management.
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
Additional Requirements: Committed to Lapid Leaders Africa vision, mission and core values
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: 3d, activations, advocacy, africa, analysis, and, assistant, brand, capacity, careers, CEO, collection, communication, content, content creation, control, corporate, creation, Data, delivery, Design, development, driving, Education, employee, environment, evaluation, event, events, executive, financial, GAP, graphics, grid, growth, hire, impact, information, interviews, IT, job, key, Knowledge, Leadership, learning, level, manage, Management, manager, Marketing, marketplace, media, of, operations, opportunities, Partnerships, person, planning, production, professional, program, program management, programs, project, Quality, Quality control, Relationship, reporting, reports, senior, service, services, speaking, strategy, Success, support, systems, teaching, team, team management, the, training, web, Youth