Job Vacancy – Assistant Property Manager
Basic purpose and overview of the job:
- Ensuring that the rent debit statements generated from Accounts department are correct and are delivered to the tenants in a timely manner.
- Subsequent monitoring and following up to ensure that the payments are made as due.
- Taking appropriate, timely and firm action in the event of default in payments, or risk thereof, by tenants.
- Garbage collection
- Ensuring competitive and cost effective service providers or staff are deployed for the services.
- Suitable service contracts or agreements are in place.
- The services are rendered in the best manner possible, through regular monitoring, inspection and liaison meetings and communications with the service providers.
- Invoices submitted for payment for the services are correct and consistent with the service contracts, and are then paid in a timely manner.
Maintenance and Repairs:
- Structures and finishes
- Roof and gutter structures and components
- Electrical systems and components
- Plumbing systems and components
- Sewerage systems and components
- Fire fighting systems and equipment
- Standby Generators
- Furniture and equipment
- Telephone and other communication systems and components
- TV systems
- They are available.
- They are being used properly and in an efficient manner.
- Consumption is being monitored, bills received and payments made in a timely manner.
- Utility accounts and their holding and transfers are handled and maintained correctly.
Landlords statements and remittances
Lease and tenancy agreements
Handovers and Handover Notes
- Property staff, mainly caretakers, to ensure that they carry out their duties.
- Service providers and suppliers to ensure that they render their services and supplies as required and to the best standards.
- Maintenance and Repairs providers to ensure they carry out their work as required.
Other responsibilities (such as equipment, materials and money):
Decisions to be made:
- All decisions that can be reasonably initiated and executed within your mandate for the proper execution of your duties above.
- Notifying your reporting officer or director on all important aspects related to the proper execution of your duties and in particular any matters of an urgent nature.
Inspection and Reporting requirements
Special working conditions:
Any other relevant comments:
Qualification, knowledge, skills and qualities required:
- Qualification of a BA in Land Economics or Bachelors in Real Estate
- Ability to arrange and execute work schedules, functions and tasks in an organized way to achieve the required objectives.
- Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with the different people and entities including other staff, landlords, tenants, service providers and maintenance contractors, to achieve the job objectives, maintain good working relationships and develop goodwill.
- Direction and supervision of the property staff, and other personnel involved in the management of the property.
- Professional diligence, care and attention to detail
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3397”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3397 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 28th December 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: agency, business, care, collection, communication, economics, event, job, jobs in kenya, jobs in nairobi, land economics, Liaison, property, property management, property manager, real estate