Job Vacancy – Brand Ambassador – Scotch Whiskeys
Duma Works is recruiting a Brand Ambassador – Scotch Whiskeys for our client; a market leader producing premium international brands in the distilled beverage category.
To raise the profile of our client’s strategic Scotch Whiskey brands to their targeted audience and provide rational reassurance to brand marketing.
- Identify and conduct tastings with the targeted consumers/opinion leaders who fit the profile of the Scotch Whiskey brands.
- Train and induct the Sales force and the appointed distributors on the brands to generate interest and a robust understanding of quality and heritage
- Conduct tastings with lifestyle influencers and engage different channels.
- Execute a mentoring programme with key trade customers and in particular bartenders, bar managers and mixologists.
- Recruit and convert Key influencers and target consumers to the brands through trial and brand education.
- Seek relevant opportunities for brand activation – trade associations, relevant events etc.
- Optimise visibility and identify opportunities (e.g. in-store communication) for the brands in the off-trade; assist sales team with store merchandising, incorporating POS materials etc.
- Provision and presentation of the brands best practice to assist in design and implementation of key on/off trade activities to Sales and Marketing team.
- Highlight and promote the brands PR activities to relevant media / press contacts.
- Identify opportunities in the market suitable for the brand involvement.
- Identify and target on trade accounts for the brands image/development in collaboration with the Trade Marketing Manager.
- Manage a daily and monthly calendar schedule for brand education programs.
- Submit monthly brand education and activation reports.
- Capture data of tasters for use by our client’s Kenya marketing.
- Collate local market insights and trends.
- Manage the brands assets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline.
- Sales and Marketing professional qualifications will be an added advantage
- Three (3) years’ work experience in a Sales and Marketing dynamic environment/Hospitality experience managing premium On Trade outlets.
- A dynamic, entrepreneurial and enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude.
- A flair to present with passion – demonstrating on target messaging and brings messaging to life through positioning a compelling story to engage audiences.
- A self-confident, outgoing individual who actively enjoys building strong relationships.
- Working collaboratively with peers to achieve results together – a team player.
- A self-starter who takes initiative to make things happen.
- Respects the company and the brands positioning, key messaging and ways of working.
- Commitment to deliver quality executions on time – is reliable and hardworking.
- A passion for the bar scene and mixology, and therefore can inspire and connect with the bar community.
- Maturity and professionalism – strikes an appropriate balance between leveraging conviviality and representing the brands and company in an appropriate manner.
- A responsible attitude and approach towards alcohol.
- Strong social networking skills.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Interest in bars/mixology.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3477”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3477 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Saturday, 15 September 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: accounts, activation, and, bar, brand, building, company, Data, Design, development, Education, events, force, hospitality, Kenya, key, manager, market, Marketing, marketing manager, media, merchandising, networking, of, off, opportunities, POS, PR, professional, programs, Quality, reports, sales, social, team, Team player, trade, work