Job Vacancy – Business Development Advisor
Duma Works is recruiting a Business Development Advisor. The hiring organization is a reputable NGO that works with young business leaders through availing them with resources to grow their ventures.
We are a Kenyan non-profit that recruits high-potential young social entrepreneurs and provides up-to-two years of highly subsidized, customized weekly business
advisory, market linkages, and debt financing to scale their employment and social impact. After 3 months, our entrepreneurs become eligible for low-cost debt financing through our exclusive partnership with Key Partners, Ltd. We also hosts a national summit that unites youth leaders from every county in Kenya as a platform to amplify youth voices in policy dialogue.
Your role is to provide practical, strategic advisory and assistance to youth-led social enterprises to drive their growth as measured by increased revenue, jobs, and social impact. Your consulting will span all aspects of business growth and structure, from financial modeling to marketing to business strategy and operations.
You are primary client-facing role, responsible for the success of our client entrepreneurs.
Roles and Responsibilities
Please note other responsibilities may be required based upon our growth.
Strategic Advisory Services (80%)
- Work closely with clients to articulate a business plan that demonstrates impact, growth, and long-term financial sustainability
- Provide practical, strategic advisory and assistance to help clients harness opportunities,structure their business more effectively, and drive growth
- Advise and assist clients in product development, sales and marketing strategy, and customer acquisition. Connect clients to market opportunities
- Advise clients on investment needs and connect them to financial services, including via our exclusive partnership with Key Partners, Ltd
- Facilitate trainings, workshops, and other events for our clients and the wider community as needed
- Liaise with the rest of the network of Business Development Advisors on a regular basis to learn and share best practices.
Process Design and Improvement (10%)
- Provide and implement recommendations that can improve the effectiveness of you and your colleagues on the business advisory team
General Administration (10%)
- Maintain client files and collect data as needed for our learning team
- Maintain appropriate expense reporting, comply with administrative policies and procedures, and conduct logistical arrangements as needed
- 5+ years of experience in SME development, financial services, consulting, business operations or marketing, with relevant university or graduate degree
- Work with entrepreneurs and small businesses highly preferred
- Demonstrated excellent understanding of strategies for how to help businesses grow, with expertise in one or more of the following areas: business finance, business planning and strategy, sales and marketing, product development, or human resource management
- Ability to produce financial reports/projections for clients highly preferred
- Deep understanding of go-to-market and growth strategies for businesses in the area of consumer goods, professional services, retail, and manufacturing
- Worked in a start-up or small business environment, and/or have direct experience supporting start-ups willing to wear many hats and help out wherever needed
- Have passion for and excellent understanding of the Kenyan entrepreneurship ecosystem
- Previous coaching, teaching, training, or facilitation experience preferred
- You have excellent business knowledge and judgment. You are able to quickly analyze the gaps and opportunities within a business and sketch the best way forward, and how to look for that information
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You are an independent self-starter who flourishes in a changing environment and can manage yourself. You have excellent collaboration, communication, and problem-solving skills
- You are a systems builder and/or optimizer. You are process-oriented and always looking for ways to improve systems to not solve the same problem twice.You will be called upon to build structures for your team as we continues to grow
- You make things happen.You have a proven track record of meeting targets on time and within budget. You are creative, solutions-oriented, and willing to put in the time it takes to do a great job.You follow through
- Most of all, you believe in our vision and mission the power of youth-led social businesses to transform Kenya.Apply
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3008”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3008 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 15th September 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Administration, administrative, advisor, agent, and, area, below, Best Practices, business, business development, business plan, business strategy, client, communication, company, consulting, customer, cv, Data, Design, development, Employment, entrepreneurship, events, Finance, financial, general, graduate, growth, human, Human Resource, impact, industrial, information, interviews, investment, job, Job Opportunity, Jobs, july, Kenya, key, Knowledge, learning, line, manage, Management, manager, manufacturing, market, Marketing, Nakuru, network, of, one, operations, opportunities, Opportunity, planning, point, power, product, product development, production, professional, program, Program manager, reporting, resource, retail, sales, services, SME, social, solutions, strategy, Success, systems, teaching, team, training, waste, work, Youth