Job Vacancy – Business Development Manager
Cutting edge clean technology company is seeking a Business Development Manager to lead the company’s sales, and marketing, operations in Kenya.
BioLite is a dynamic and rapidly growing social enterprise that develops, manufactures, and markets consumer energy products for off-grid communities around the world. Our business serves two distinct markets: 1) developing world families living in energy poverty, and 2) outdoor enthusiasts seeking fuel-independent cooking and off-grid power. We address these markets simultaneously through parallel innovation: by incubating core technologies that can serve users in both markets, we are able to invest near-term revenue to solve long-term, high-impact problems. Over the last four years, our team has quadrupled, and sales have doubled each year. Anchored by the award-winning HomeStove, our emerging markets product portfolio is growing. We are currently operating in Kenya and are excited to grow this key market with new partners and products.
TITLE: Business Development Manager
REPORTS TO: VP Sales
START DATE: August 2017 (or as soon as possible thereafter)
Your main responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
Lead generation and deal closure:
• Understand how to leverage existing networks to find potential partners that can purchase BioLite products.
• Generate leads by identifying and initiating relationships with suitable potential clients. Be persistent in pursuing leads and maturing them to closed sales.
• Understand the B2B sales cycle of a service and nurture relationships through each phase leading to a signed deal. Win the trust of decision makers involved in the process.
• Use active listening to understand customer’s needs and package Biolite products as the solution to their needs.
• Build and maintains trust and rapport with existing and potential customer.
• Sales planning and strategy
• Prioritize multiple leads in order to maintain a healthy sales pipeline and meet targets.
• Strategically maintain and grow a network of potential clients through events, relationships with professional bodies, etc.
Training and Reporting:
• Train members of staff of new on-boarded partners on BioLite products and sales techniques
• Keep records on potential sales to assist operations have a track-record of them
• Introducing new products to existing partners, to add more of our line in their product offering
• Develop and maintain long term relationship with the customers in the Channel(s)
Required Qualification and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Relevant field experience: 5+ years of management experience, preferably working in bottom of the pyramid (BoP) markets in Kenyan rural & peri-urban areas
• Fluency in English required; fluency in Kiswahili and any other local languages strongly preferred
• Strong local networks: experience and relationships working with players in the Kenya BoP markets and renewable energy sector
• Project management and sales: experience creating and successfully executing timelines, budgets, and forecasts
• Team player and self-starter: ability to work collaboratively, but also self-managing and work well independently
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2941”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2941 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Monday, 31 July 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: 2017, and, B2B, B2B Sales, business, business development, company, cooking, customer, development, energy, energy sector, enterprise, events, field, job, Kenya, key, line, Management, manager, market, Marketing, Markets, nairobi, network, of, off-grid power, operations, pipeline, planning, power, product, professional, Relationship, renewable, renewable energy, rural, sales, service, social, Social Enterprise, strategy, team, technology, training, two, work