Job Vacancy -Business Systems Analyst
Duma Works is recruiting a Business Systems Analyst for one of our clients. The company is a technology solutions provider for SMEs in Eastern Africa.
In this position, you will be responsible to quickly evaluate information and system needs, engage and assist users, and communicate issues to help remediate and resolve production & application issues efficiently and effectively.
The role is not purely technical as it also requires an appreciation of business analysis, as it will involve a high level of interaction with staff and systems across the business including our key business partners and clients. As an analyst, this role is responsible for identifying, implementing and promoting better ways of using business systems.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement new and existing business application software, capturing end user requirements and configuring, testing and integrating as necessary;
- Provide 1st line support for key business applications;
- Produce specifications and designs for information systems and their components to meet defined business needs, retaining compatibility with enterprise and solution architectures;
- Design, create, test and document new and amended SQL packages and programs from supplied specifications in accordance with agreed standards;
- Develop, implement and report the findings of suitable test schedules to measure and improve the quality of technology solutions being deployed, to ensure that new and amended systems, configurations, packages, or services, together with any interfaces, perform as specified;
- Transfer application knowledge and associated documentation to users;
- Facilitate productive relationships with and between key stakeholders, during the Planning management and implementation of business change;
- Support in the investigation and modeling of business functions, processes, information flows and data structures, using methodical and consistent techniques; (ii) investigate operational requirements and problems, contributing to improvements; (iii) specify information flows, processes/procedures that will meet the business requirements;
- Assist in defining acceptance tests for new or changed automated systems.
- Knowledge of web programming languages (Python, PHP, SQL, Java) and PostgreSQL/MySQL databases and development methodologies will be required;
- Application systems – experience of recording and solving application support issues from customers, prioritizing requests, implementing and communicating timely solutions, both in database and web environments
- Operating Environments – familiar with Microsoft Windows Server & AWS
- Operating support infrastructure – familiar with General IT infrastructure (hardware, databases, operating systems, messaging, local area networks, voice etc.);
- Ability to research for compatibility between hardware, software, and network communications
- Ability to monitor, test, analyze and troubleshoot systems
- Ability to train users in the use of the applications
- Understanding of business process reengineering and business modeling concepts, business systems development and analysis
- Proven experience designing and implementing systems, monitoring and health checks
- Knowledge of Incident, Problem and Change Management processes and tools
- Proven analysis, data management and reporting skills
- Proficiency understanding Java or Wintel based application components (e.g. Servlets, JSP, others)
- Experience working in a web-based environment, including strong understanding of typical 3 tier architecture and infrastructure setups
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, I.T, Software Engineering or BBIT
- Support/Maintenance of an Internet environment including web based applications
- IT experience with background in application development, business analysis, complex quality assurance or equivalent technical production support experience
- Knowledge of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) production support best practices
- At least 2-4 years’ experience in a similar position
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “2275”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2275, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 10th July 2016
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.
Posted in Jobs Tags: analyst, business, java, Jobs, nairobi, php, SQL, systems, vacancy