Job Vacancy – Business Systems Analyst
Duma Works is recruiting a Business Systems Analyst for one of its clients in Nairobi, Moko Home + Living.
WHO WE ARE
Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity, and passion. Our customers dream of a better night’s sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play. But they tell us this isn’t easy – they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank. Join us in building the products, the brand and the network to put quality living within everyone’s reach. Here’s what our team has accomplished in the few years since our founding:
- Reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products
- Attracted global investment to continue fuelling our growth and vision
- Supported the growth of over 200 small furniture businesses across the country
- Grown from a start-up to a mid-sized company
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Our Business Systems Analyst will live in a world where systems and data meet the reality of a 200+ person team working to bring better living to millions. You’ll be constantly thinking about how our teams can work more effectively toward a shared vision. To make this happen, you’ll dive deep into the process of our day to day work, understanding how things work and how they can be done better. This week you’ll whip up a Google Sheets tool for our supply chain team that tracks the thousands of tons of raw material we import annually, showing them where they can best focus their efforts to reduce clearance delays. Next week you’ll take a deep dive into our production data, helping our Head of Manufacturing answer the question of how to adjust raw material formulations to make more affordable products.
THE ROLE IN BRIEF
Build tools that help our teams run optimally
- Understand key business processes within and across teams and envision how we can better measure their performance and streamline their execution
- Collaboratively build tools with the teams who will use them
- Keep it simple to maximize your impact – we’ve found a Google Sheet with plugins and advanced formulas often works better than a complex piece of new software
Listen to the data and let everyone know what it’s saying
- Build dashboards that instantly show teams and leaders how they’re performing and what needs their attention
- Analyse data with our leadership team to inform strategic decision making and determine where we should focus efforts for maximum impact on the company’s performance
- Connect finance, manufacturing, operational data to draw fresh insights that help us more effectively achieve our goals
- Lead efforts to infuse data-driving decision making in our culture, lead trainings, presentations and one-on-ones which show our team of 200+ the power of data to improve our work
CAREER GROWTH + COMPENSATION
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. This role is a particularly special opportunity to learn how a company grows and achieves impact at scale, because you’ll be at the centre of it. You’ll work directly with Moko’s executive team and tackle projects that cut across all of our teams and key business processes. You’ll receive constant, actionable feedback to support your growth, and given the space to build your technical skills and drive your professional development.
ARE YOU OUR DREAM CANDIDATE?
- You are a highly analytical, structured and process-oriented thinker
- You are obsessed with efficiency
- You are an Excel/Google Sheets expert – you thought the day you learned about array formulas was the best day of your life, until you discovered the QUERY function
- Working knowledge of Java and SQL – this role won’t involve heavy coding, but you’ll be keen to use scripts and queries when they are the best tools for the project
- Working knowledge of statistics
- While numbers may be your best friend, you draw energy from working with teams and supporting others
- You are goal-oriented, able to work independently and problem solve toward a great outcome
Deadline for receiving applications: Thursday, 08 August 2019
Posted in Jobs Tags: analyst, analytical, and, bank, brand, building, business, capacity, chain, coding, company, country, Data, development, energy, executive, Finance, furniture, growth, head, impact, import, innovation, investment, java, key, Knowledge, Leadership, manufacturing, network, of, Opportunity, person, power, production, professional, Quality, SQL, supply, supply chain, support, systems, team, technical, work, works