Job Vacancy – C# Developer
M-KOPA is recruiting a talented C# Developer to join their team in Nairobi.
WHO WE ARE
M-KOPA Solar, headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, is the global leader of “pay-as-you-go” energy for off-grid customers.
Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 400,000 homes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to solar power, and is now adding over 500 new homes each day.
The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use instalment plan. Customers acquire solar systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage “credits” for Ksh 50, or less than the price of traditional kerosene lighting. After one year of payments customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power.
All revenues are collected in real-time via mobile money systems (such as M-PESA in Kenya) and embedded GSM sensors in each solar system allow M-KOPA to monitor real time performance and regulate usage based upon payments. This connected design means that M-KOPA is processing vast amounts of data (i.e. over 10,000 mobile payments per day) via the company’s proprietary cloud platform, M-KOPANET.
As of November, 2016, M-KOPA employs over 1000 full time staff across East Africa and sells through a network of over 1,000 direct sales agents. It has also commenced licensing its technology to partners in other markets.
M-KOPA has been recognised for its pioneering business mode and scale, notably winning the 2015 Zayed Future Energy Prize, being selected as the top New Energy Pioneer at the 2014 Bloomberg New Energy Finance awards and earning the 2013 FT/IFC Excellence in Sustainable Finance Award.
M-KOPA has also successfully tested a range of new products that leverage its relationship with customers, and M-KOPA’s unique competencies in mobile telecommunications and ICT. To ensure that the research and development of new products add value to (and do not distract from) its core business, M-KOPA is establishing the M-KOPA Labs. The Labs will be a dedicated business unit within M-KOPA that will define and test extensions of the M-KOPA asset-based credit model for off-grid-power to new products and services.
Reporting to: Head of Department
M-KOPA is looking to recruit C# Developers. The successful candidate will be tasked with handling increased demands in the business towards internal projects.
• Technical design of new features for M-KOPAnet
• Software development against approved technical designs
• Continuous investment in research on technology trends
• Effective participation in the Scrum Process as a Scrum Team member
• Providing mentorship and guidance to other members of the team
• Bachelor’s degree in technology field is a plus but not required.
• At least 2 years’ working experience in effective development of high quality software solutions
• Proven understanding and sound implementation of object oriented concepts
• Proven understanding and advance skills in database query languages and techniques
• Proven understanding of key principles such as ACID, SOLID, DRY
• Experience working in an agile environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Competitive covering a monthly salary, performance bonus and medical benefits reflective of the candidate’s experience and skills.
• Flexible during times of change.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and operational skill sets.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
• Tenacious, driven, energetic and a high degree of professional integrity.
M-KOPA Solar is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, M-KOPA does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment.
M-KOPA, as a policy, does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’ or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3018”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3018 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 08 September 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: africa, Apply, business, C#, C# Developer, cloud, Data, Design, development, East Africa, Employment, energy, Hiring, ICT, information, interviews, investment, IT, Job Opening, job vacancy, Jobs, jobs in kenya, jobs in nairobi, Kenya, Markets, mentorship, mobile, nairobi, network, Opportunity, power, processing, professional, programs, Recruit, research, software, solar, solutions, systems, tanzania, technical, technology, uganda, vacancy