Job Vacancy – Cashier in Nairobi
Duma Works is recruiting a Cashier for one of our clients. The company is a leading premier domestic airline in Kenya.
- Answer customers’ questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
- Compute and record totals of transactions.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Issue trading stamps, and redeem food stamps and coupons.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
- Monitor checkout stations to ensure that they have adequate cash available and that they are staffed appropriately.
- Offer customers carry-out service at the completion of transactions.
- Process merchandise returns and exchanges.
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Request information or assistance using paging systems.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Sort, count, and wrap currency and coins.
- Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
- Cash checks for customers.
- Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records.
- Keep periodic balance sheets of amounts and numbers of transactions.
- Post charges against guests’ accounts.
- Sell tickets and other items to customers.
- Pay company bills by cash, vouchers, or checks.
- At least a diploma or degree in Accounting/Finance or a business related field
- At least three (3) years of practical experience in a busy environment
- Possess good analytical and communication skills.
- Should have strong business acumen, people management and great eye for detail.
- Must have good communication and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of procurement and stores accounting is essential.
- Possess record/book keeping skills.
- Possess good accounting skills
- Must be honest and value integrity
To submit an application: Send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are qualified and how this position will help you achieve your career goals. Send to [email protected]. As the subject line of your email, write “2192” and please make sure to include your Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2192, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.in the message body. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 13th May, 2016
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
Posted in Jobs Uncategorized Tags: Accounting, bookkeeping, careers, cashier, Finance, Finance Officer, Job Opportunity, Job vacancies, jobs in nairobi, stores accounting, Vacancies in Nairobi