Job Vacancy – Client Relationship Manager
Duma works is recruiting a Client Relationship Manager for our client: a leading business law firm in Westlands, Nairobi
Department: Business Development
Reports to: Managing Partner
Role type (full-time/part-time/contractor): Full time
Duration of Probation :3 months
To build a strong legal foundation for high-impact individuals & businesses while innovating new models on how to serve our clients better within the legal landscape in Africa alongside the brightest & most dynamic legal minds.
To contribute to the firms vision by:-
- Generating income through successful Business Development (current and new clients) and brand positioning.
- Provide continuous data on market insights to ensure firm keeps innovating on how it serves its clients.
- Keep the current clients continually engaged with the firm.
- Lead and execute client engagement strategies, business development and branding ideas.
- Engage with target clients and stakeholders to ascertain client pain points and opportunities for value creation.
· Client Engagement—devise innovative strategies and ensure key relationships, whether with partners, stakeholders and major clients, are managed in a strategic manner. Support the lawyers in their implementation.
· Strategic marketing—undertake the relevant analyses, formulate objectives to achieve the business plan and develop strategies and client engagement plans. Ensure the marketing infrastructure and resources are managed effectively. Direct the implementation of these plans whether they concern engagement and relationship development activities, market development, service development or any other data analysis, promotional and selling.
· Branding & Communications—manage all communication channels to clients, profile raising and lead generation campaigns to ensure the firm’s brand is positioned appropriately and the right level of client engagement and lead generation is achieved.
· New business development—Support the sales pipeline from targeting to lead generation and through the sales process to the point of conversion to client. Support the lawyers in their selling activities.
Client experience, engagement and relationship management
Touch points, client care and service delivery
- Manage all client touch points to operate in accordance with the firm’s brand and policies.
- Ensure all members of the firm understand their role in the delivery of client service.
- Provide training resources to support good client service delivery.
- Implement systems to monitor client satisfaction with service delivery.
- Ensure lawyers have the relevant information about their clients to ensure service delivery is in line with client expectations.
- Manage systems to support good client and referrer relationship management.
- Support the promotion of best practice in client and referrer relationship management and organise training as required.
Key client and referrer management
- Manage systems for the collection and use of information about the firm’s key clients and referrer relationships.
- Ensure there is a plan for each of the firm’s major relationships.
- Support relationship partners in the development of key client teams and the implementation of their key client plans.
Enquiry management and follow-up
- Field and direct enquiries from all client engagement campaigns.
- Support lawyers in their follow-up and conversion of all enquiries.
- Ensure lawyers follow up contacts made at external and internal events for building client relationships.
Targeting and lead generation
- Help lawyers develop suitable criteria for targeting new clients and new business in line with agreed marketing strategies and plans.
- Obtain lists of target clients and referrers and provide market intelligence and insight.
Pipeline and opportunity management
- Work with Sales team to monitor all sales contacts through the sales cycle.
- Support lawyers identify opportunities and develop appropriate relationships with decision makers, buyers and users so they are well positioned to convert these opportunities.
- Help lawyers prepare proactive pitches to selected targets.
Panels, pitches and tenders
- Establish information systems and procedures to support effective competition in panels, pitches and tenders.
- Assess new requests for tenders.
- Project manage the firm’s response to major tenders.
- Provide coaching to lawyers on major tenders, whether in scoping meetings, the client engagement strategy, production of documentation and presentations, or debriefing clients.
Marketing and communications
Planning and policy
- Liaise with the senior management team regarding the overall business , Department.,Sector and firm business plan and provide input as necessary.
- Develop a comprehensive firm-wide, departmental, sector and client engagement
- Develop and manage all client communications policies and procedures.
- Prepare budgets and report on effectiveness and return on investment.
- Conducts monthly & quarterly job performance reviews and assists with the development of professional development plans with team members.
- Maintain a competitive and performance driven work climate that is conducive to attracting, retaining and motivating a diverse group of top-quality employees at all levels.
Research and information systems
- Conduct relevant market research into the industries we serve, clients, the legal market and competitors- analyse data to provide consumer/industry/market/competitor insights
- Establish systems to systematically assess the internal environment and performance, services and skills of lawyers with regards to client relationship development.
- Monitor performance of client engagement activities.
- Establish and manage databases (CRM) of major clients and referrers, existing clients and referrers and target prospects. Support lawyers use of these systems to focus and monitor their business development activity.
- Keep senior management informed of developments in the fields of client communications and governance.
Product and service development
- Work with lawyers and know-how/technology teams to identify opportunities for innovation.
- Support the development of existing and new products and services.
- Provide information and advice on the firm’s pricing policies.
Brand, media and communications
- Articulate the firm’s brand and align with its values, positioning and strategy internally and externally.
- Ensure the brand image and promise is consistent across all internal and external channels.
- Distribute to clients any materials, e.g. booklets, leaflets, newsletters, White Papers, and be responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution.
- Provide ideas and feedback on the firm’s website, social media accounts and on-line communities including content management and monitoring this activity.
- Co-ordinate media interest in the firm and proactively engage in regular contact with target media.
- Act as the firm’s representative with the media.
Team, campaign and project management
- Create campaigns for all communications and client engagement activities.
- Project manage the implementation of all campaigns.
- Ensure appropriate internal and external resources for research and information systems, digital marketing (including content, design and distribution), media relations and communications, event management and hospitality, online engagement and sales activity.
- Recruit, manage and develop any client engagement staff.
- Supervise any external Client networks /BD agencies and consultants.
- Support internal engagement with the brand and the firm’s marketing and client engagement policies and activities.
- Manage the marketing elements of the intranet/server/case management system and ensure lawyers have access to the relevant information.
- Ensure regular internal communication about the firm’s marketing goals, plans and activities.
- Assess and provide the required training support for client service and client engagement.
- Co-ordinate means to seek regular input from lawyers and support staff regarding the firm’s client engagement strategy and their contribution towards its achievement.
- Design, support and oversee cross-functional teams that focus on specific sectors or territories.
Ensure the firm delivers:
- Client experience & relationship Management
- Category 4 – 5 of client satisfaction ratings.
- Satisfying client engagement activities
- Innovations driven by market insights.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly & yearly strategic aims and objectives
- Execution of strategies on time, within budget and as strategized.
- Marketing & Communications
- Global and highly regarded brand.
- Firm Awards
- Well-known Brand.
- Participation of the firm and its staff in key business events & publications.
- Sales & Business Development
- Increase in number of target clients.
- Increase in revenues
Knowledge, skills and qualifications
- Qualified professional
- Undergraduate Degree in Sales & Marketing, Communications or similar qualification with upper second-class honours.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM).
- Training Certificates in Marketing, Communications, Business Management, Data Analytics, Public Relations e.t.c
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) OR A-Levels, IGSCE’S OR Relevant High School Diploma
- Minimum Grade B in both English & Mathematics
- Masters in Business Management, Marketing or Communications
- Experience & Expertise: –
- Five to seven years (Minimum 5+ years) of full-time Client Relationship management, communications & business development experience in a medium – large size corporate.
- Preferred Industries: Law (professional services), Financial Services, Advertising
- An understanding of the legal industry is key.
- Meets category 4 or 5 of the firm’s statement of competence: –
- Ethics, professionalism and judgement
- Act honestly, responsibly, with high levels of integrity & can be trusted.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyses information skilfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Ethical – Demonstrates a high standard of personal and business behaviour that serves the interest of the Firm in a lawful and professional manner.
- Technical experience
- Track record of high customer satisfaction reviews.
- Proven experience developing marketing plans and campaigns.
- Proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising and leading across channels marketing campaigns that engage, educate and motivate.
- Proven experience of delivering increase in revenues.
- Proficiency with online marketing and social media strategy.
- Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers, making sense of metrics and processing figures with spreadsheets.
- A sense of aesthetics with an eye for creativity.
- A love for great content and witty communication.
- Up -to-date with the latest local and global industry trends, best practices in google campaigns, graphic design, web design, online marketing and web analytics.
- Established press and media contacts.
- Oral & Written Communication
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Listens and gets clarification.
- Writes clearly and informatively.
- Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Presents numerical data effectively.
- Able to read and interpret written information.
- Presents data creatively utilising power points, attractive imaging.
- Working with people
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Inspires respect and trust; Accepts feedback from others; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Gives appropriate recognition to others; Displays passion and optimism; Mobilizes others to fulfil the vision.
- Interpersonal – Focuses on achieving results, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Recognises accomplishments of other team members.
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Delegation – Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self, available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies client feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Managing themselves & their own work
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Deadline driven – Displays the ability to work with and meet tight deadline; Displays the ability to work well under pressure.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Keep, use and maintain accurate, complete and clear records.
- IT skills commensurate with the role including ability to work without secretarial assistance utilising firm’s case management system.
- Finance – Able to Budget and manage costs on their work product.
- Lives according to the Firms Values:
- Positive & Enthusiastic attitude
- Passion for one’s work
- Excellence: you deliver a great client experience
- Deliver reliably
- Sharing creative & innovative ideas
- Works well with others
- Key Strengths:
- Strategic leadership: Find alternative ways of achieving vision.
- Woo: You love to meet new people and win them over.
- Communication: Find it easy to put your thoughts into words, are good at conversation and presentation.
- Competitive: You measure your progress against the performance of others and strive to win first place.
- Achiever: You possess a good degree of stamina. You take immense pleasure in been busy and productive.
- To fully execute people Marketing & Business Development Strategies as agreed by Management.
- To expend finances on the Marketing & Business Development strategy as approved in the budget.
- To fully exercise authority on matters touching on approved Marketing & Business Development strategy.
- To perform Marketing & Business development work outside the approved Strategy, Policies, Procedures & Processes.
- To Hire & Terminate staff without approval of the Managing Partner.
- To incur expenses outside approved budgets.
- To bind the Firm.
- To accept new instructions from clients unless approved by the Managing Partner.
- To provide undertakings on behalf of the firm. The Managing Partner is responsible for providing undertakings.
To apply online click here
* You will receive a confirmation email from [email protected] and an alert to take a basic screening test online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background.
For any enquiries about the position, kindly reach out to us on [email protected]
Posted in Jobs Tags: accounts, advice, analysis, and, BD, Best Practices, brand, building, business, business development, business management, business plan, care, client, Client Care, client service, collection, communication, Communications, content, content management, control, corporate, customer, Data, Data Analysis, delivery, Design, development, digital, digital marketing, distribution, Education, environment, event, event management, events, financial, Firm, graphic, Graphic design, Group, growth, hire, hospitality, industry, information, information systems, innovation, insight, intelligence, investment, job, key, law, legal, level, line, manage, Management, market, market research, Marketing, media, monitoring, of, online, online marketing, opportunities, Opportunity, partner, people, person, personal, pipeline, planning, point, policies, power, processing, product, production, professional, project, Promotion, Public relations, Quality, relations, Relationship, relationship management, representative, research, sales, selling, senior, service, services, social, Social Media, solutions, strategy, Success, support, support staff, systems, team, technology, the, training, web, web design, work, works