Job Vacancy – Company Driver
Duma Works is recruiting a Company Driver for our client; a young, innovative and ambitious cashew nut brand that is working hard to create more value for rural communities in Tanzania.
We are looking for a reliable company driver to assist the company with all transport-related duties. The company driver’s responsibilities include dropping and picking up staff, collecting various packages, and maintaining a travel log to record work hours, travel-time and locations traveled to. You should also be able to perform routine checks on the company vehicle.
To be successful as a company driver, you should ensure that all transportation duties are carried out in a timely manner. Ultimately, a top-performing company driver should be able to ensure that addresses and other transportation details are correct before undertaking any pick-up or drop-off duties.
Company Driver Responsibilities:
- Safely transporting company staff as well as various products and materials to and from specified locations in a timely manner.
- Assisting with the loading and offloading of staff luggage, products, and materials.
- Adjusting travel routes to avoid traffic congestion or road construction.
- Promptly informing the company of any tickets issued against the company vehicle during work hours.
- Ensuring that the company vehicle is always parked in areas that permit parking in order to avoid towing.
- Keeping the company vehicle clean and properly maintained by performing regular washing, cleaning and vehicle maintenance.
- Providing accurate time records of the company vehicle’s coming and goings.
- Reporting any accidents, injuries, and vehicle damage to management.
Company Driver Requirements:
- Secondary school diploma is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Clean driving record.
- Sound knowledge of road safety regulations.
- Working knowledge of local roads and routes.
- The ability to utilize maps, GPS systems, and car manuals.
- Effective communication skills.
- Punctual and reliable.
To apply online click here
This position will remain open until filled.
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: and, cleaning, communication, company, construction, diploma, driver, driving, job, Knowledge, maintenance, Management, of, road, systems, the, transportation, travel, work