Job Vacancy – Content Marketer
Duma Works is recruiting a Content Marketer for Abacus. The content marketer will be responsible for User Acquisition and Retention
Abacus is an award-winning financial software and services company based in Nairobi, and building a pan-African financial services platform.
We are driven by “Why not”,the pursuit of excellence and value curiosity and ability to learn over all else.
We are looking for a high-energy, data-driven marketer to join our team on a full-time role in Nairobi.
In this role, you will primarily drive user attraction, conversion, and retention. You will be trying a lot of ideas of how to attract, retain and up-sell customers, ruthlessly optimizing successes and quickly discarding dead ends. This role is tied directly to revenue.
People would describe you as a great communicator, a creative thinker, and an analytical professional. You’re able to collaborate with all sorts including technical staff such as software developers, analysts and business development folk. You are at home on the Internet. You can confidently develop hypotheses about user behaviour and validate them with data.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Some of your primary tasks will include:
- Formulating and executing multi-channel marketing strategy (push, pull, product)
- Working with the analysis, Academy and editorial team on content and maintaining Abacus online profiles
- Testing and measuring results from different channels (offline, unpaid, paid, social media,)
- Designing and running online experiments around pirate metrics (Acquisition, Activation, Retention, Referral, Revenue)
- Working with the UX and product development team to drive product refinement
- Make wireframe mockups for new experiments
- Work with our designers to turn mockups into prototype designs. Test and iterate prototype designs into final designs
- Manage offline marketing activities e.g. client engagement sessions, seminars etc
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to work with numbers and Excel
- Ability to write well, quickly
- Deep user/customer empathy
- Curiosity – about data points, results, experiments
- Experience or knowledge of Analytics, A/B and Multivariate Testing, Email marketing, SEO Tools, social media management
- Experience / grasp of financial markets and products, investing and personal finance will be an added advantage.
- To get an understanding of the sort of process/work-flow we are inspired by, click here to read.
- To get a better understanding of online marketing and growth hacking as we see it, click here to read.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3213”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3213 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 16 February 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: activation, analysis, analytical, and, building, business, business development, client, company, content, customer, Data, designing, development, email marketing, executive, Finance, financial, growth, internet, job, Knowledge, manage, Management, marketer, Marketing, Marketing executive, Markets, media, nairobi, of, online, online marketing, Opportunity, people, personal, product, product development, professional, salary, SEO, services, social, Social Media, software, strategy, team, technical, ux, work