Job Vacancy – Country Director in Rwanda
Duma Works is recruiting a Country Director for our client, Zipline, in Rwanda.
Zipline is a Silicon Valley-based logistics company that designs, manufactures, and operates small robotic aircraft to deliver essential medical products. With Zipline, hard-to-reach communities can have fast, reliable, and affordable access to lifesaving medical products like blood, vaccines, and medications, regardless of road infrastructure.
The Country Director (CD) will manage high-level relationships with the government, donors, and investors, with a large focus on growth and expansion. You will be responsible for leading the Rwanda Distribution Centers (DC), information management; providing direction and feedback to employees, and the design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of Zipline activities. You should enjoy playing multiple roles including: documenting processes, refining the tools, training team members, communications with internal and external stakeholders, performing data analysis, leading meetings with senior personnel from the government and partners.
1. Represent Zipline to senior government officials, international donors, and to press and media. Develop and foster effective working relationship with clients from national to grassroots level.
2. Manage all country office staff including oversight of country office finance, administration and human resources. Provide coaching and results-oriented leadership of the country staff. Stimulate individual staff performance and lead overall team development
3. Working with global staff to ensure effective reporting and developing continuous process improvements.
4. Deliver performance management objectives, agreed business plans, budget and targets and report on all major factors impacting on the business.
5. Establish strategic alliances to explore areas for collaboration and expanding and strengthening Zipline’s impact.
● Minimum 6 years of experience in management role
● Minimum 8 years working in logistics, supply chain, or healthcare
● Excellent communication skills for day-to-day relations with public health officials and the local communities served by the Zipline system
● Ability to navigate complex government processes with multiple influencers, and to negotiate and achieve consensus
● Strong organizational, project management, and project execution skills
● Demonstrated ability to work with organization leadership on strategic, operational, and organizational issues, as a strong yet collaborative team member
● Experience conceiving, planning and executing complex programs or projects with verifiable results
● Exceptional strategic thinking, problem-solving, team building and interpersonal skills
● Ability to work independently to solve complex problems and work under tight deadlines
● Ability to travel up to 60% of the time within Rwanda and internationally.
● Experience in healthcare, transportation, logistics, or supply chain management
● Familiarity with aviation, flight controls, or unmanned aerial vehicles
● Experience with maintenance programs that combine software and hardware
● Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English
● Kinyarwanda and French proficiency preferred but not required
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “2445”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2445 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 20th October 2016
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over email or sms. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: akazi, chain, country, country manager, director, duma jobs, DUMA Works, government, job, jobs in Rwanda, Kenya, logistics, Management, manager, medical, medicine, nairobi, opening, Opportunity, Partnerships, procurement, project, Rwanda, senior executive positions, stakeholder management, supply, vacancy