Job Vacancy – Credit & Portfolio Manager
Duma Works is recruiting a Credit & Portfolio Manager for our client in Mwanza, Tanzania. The hiring organization is a renewable energy company that provides and finances accessible, affordable, and energy-efficient equipment designed for off-grid businesses in Sub-Saharan Africa.
The Credit & Portfolio Manager underwrites, tracks, analyzes, and maintains the company’s portfolio of loans issued to clients. The role is essential to ensuring that the company’s customers pay on time and that non-performing customers are addressed quickly. Reporting to the President/COO, you are also critical to the team and will be expected to collaborate with customer service, hardware, finance, and sales.
The Credit & Portfolio Manager is responsible for customer selection and repayment:
- Work with management to develop and continually improve underwriting criteria.
- Support development of underwriting process
- Engage in underwriting of applicants
Credit Portfolio & Receivables Management
- Develop a system to manage accounts receivable & oversee credit portfolio;
- Proactively monitor A/R and develop plans/solutions to reduce late balances;
- Provide weekly reports to key members of the team regarding PaR and current non-performing loans (NPLs);
- Analyze loan performance to gain insights that lead to better performance in the future and serve as a thought partner to management in improving performance;
- Develop reports for outside stakeholders, including banks and investors.
Non-Performing Loan Management
- Lead and Coordinate outreach to understand why NPLs are not paying;
- Lead and Coordinate termination of loans and the collection of equipment;
- Co-develop behavioral management tools with COO and others;
Supporting Systems & Process
- Design reports needed to carry out this role;
- Document standard operating procedures for critical functions: repossessions; loan repair; write-offs;
- Suggest improvements to the company’s systems
The Credit Manager is a seasoned financial manager with both operational and strategic experience:
- Minimum 3 years experience in credit / loan management;
- Experience designing and implementing new processes;
- Fluent with Microsoft Excel;
- Computer literate and able to type 30 words per minute;
- Fluent in English and Swahili.
Location: Based in Mwanza.
Pay: Compensation is a competitive salary based on the role and prior experience. No relocation bonus or stipend is included.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3390”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3390 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Tuesday, 18th February 2019
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: accounts, and, client, collection, company, credit and portfolio manager, credit manager, credit officer, credit/portfolio manager, customer, Customer service, designing, development, Finance, financial, financial manager, hardware, key, loan, manage, Management, manager, Mwanza, of, officer, partner, power, R, receivables, Recruiting, reporting, salary, sales, service, solutions, systems, tanzania, team, the, works