Job Vacancy – Credit Risk & Relationship Manager
Duma Works is recruiting a Credit Risk and Relationship Manager for our client; a digital investment platform where people invest in solar energy projects in Africa.
The company is looking to expand its deal sourcing team.
Location: Preferably based in Nairobi, or Europe given the ability to work with team from Nairobi regularly (~25-50% of the time).
What we look for
You have previous experience in due diligence (financial, organisational and market risk assessment) and relationship management on borrowing entities (such as SMEs) in emerging countries.
In this role, you will establish new and strengthen existing relationships with solar energy companies all over Sub-Saharan Africa. Your role entails supporting existing solar partners in terms of finance and in order to make them prosper and grow. You are also the link between the solar company and our investors, making sure they are paid on time and in full as well as that the impact promised is delivered on the ground.
To keep developing the partner pipeline, your responsibilities involve performing due diligence on new partners, assessing the financial viability of a company, its sales capabilities, technology, scalability and management team by going through documentation submitted during the due diligence. To see their operations in real life, you will also have to conduct field-trips to current and future solar partners and their customers.
- Growing the number of solar partners from over a dozen to 30-50 over 2 years
- Growing the deal flow for the platform from currently several million EUR to several hundreds of million EUR over 2 years
- Financial due diligence of a solar partner, including balance sheets, profit and loss statements, business models, etc.
- Credit risk assessment with in-house credit tool and continuous improvement of it
- Due diligence trips to potential partners, with field trips to their customers in predominantly rural countryside settings
- Preparation of investment documentation for investment committee and professional investors
- Continuous relationship management with existing partners, including keeping in touch about new loans, regular risk assessment and generally building a good relationship
Desired Qualifications, Knowledge And Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a business related field from a recognized university. Holders of relevant professional qualifications will have an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position in emerging markets and in structuring financial vehicles (SPVs, receivables finance, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in relationship and credit management is required
- Must be able to understand financial data (Balance Sheets, Income Statements, Cash Flow Statements, Financial Ratios, etc.) and apply those skills as they apply to the due diligence process.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and PowerPoint), Google Suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Slides), Email, CRM tools, etc.
- Ability to learn new tools needed for the job
- Ability to effectively manage one’s time and work independently to complete work according to established deadlines.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Experience working with solar energy in emerging markets (non-technical) is a plus
- Available to travel in Sub-Saharan Africa and rural settings with low standards
- Positive and proactive approach to work, able to take decisions autonomously
- Attention to detail is key: Regard for all important details to assure accuracy in every transaction performed; detect errors; follow through on corrections and details.
- Taking responsibility for one’s actions and decisions, even if they turn out badly
- Enjoys constant change and embraces constant improvement
- Communicates openly and honestly in an environment with no prestige
- Takes ownership of tasks and pushes them to the finish line
- Having been in touch with off-grid solar companies and institutional investors is a plus
- Working knowledge in French is a plus
- 6-month probation period during which the culture and team fit is determined
- Join for strategy off-site in Gothenburg, Sweden in first week of September 2018
- Focus on East-Africa + potentially West Africa at a later stage
- Options program for all employees available after probation period
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3345”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3345 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 25 May 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: africa, and, Apply, building, business, care, communication, company, CRM, Data, digital, electricity, energy, field, Finance, financial, french, impact, information, investment, key, Knowledge, learning, manage, Management, market, Markets, nairobi, of, Office, operations, partner, people, pipeline, professional, program, receivables, Relationship, relationship management, rural, sales, social, solar, solar company, solar energy, sports, strategy, team, technology, travel, west africa, work