Job Vacancy – Customer Development Manager
Duma Works is recruiting a Customer Development Manager for Husk in Dar es Salaam. Husk is one of the world’s leading rural utilities. We provide reliable power to households and businesses, entirely from renewable energy sources – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – at a price they can afford.
Husk is seeking an experienced team player for the role of Hybrid Minigrid (HMG) Customer Development Manager for our East African Team.
We are looking for someone who has a solid experience in customer acquisition, loves to grow customer satisfaction, takes initiative and is willing to lend a hand wherever it is needed. This position provides the opportunity to join a growing team that is changing the face of rural electrification in Tanzania.
The position is based out of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and will require frequent travel to rural areas.
- Manage a team of field sales and marketing team to acquire customers for Husk mini-grids
- Champion customers’ growth through great marketing initiatives: master the intersection between the value of the product and the prospective user
- Speak with hundreds of customers to focus on the right strategies to recommend the most competitive, context-appropriate sales and marketing
- Dream of Husk customer base and constantly strive to make them our biggest sales enablers to ultimately exponentially grow our sales pipeline
- Be a very hands-on manager with abilities to develop and execute sales/marketing plan, manage team and work across various functions at Husk
- Interact with Husk team in India, remain up to date on best practices for customer acquisition and customer
satisfaction best practices
Customer Acquisition for new projects
- Run marketing campaigns at Husk new mini-grid sites to acquire customers and then train them to use electricity in the best possible manner
- Manage site customer team and coordinate with site level operations team to increase Husk customer penetration to over 80% of the total population within 12 months
- Develop a portfolio of electrical appliances for customers and the associated pay plans to increase customer energy usage
- Develop an executable strategy for increasing average revenue per customer YoY
- Help find suppliers for electrical appliances in order to reduce costs and increase profitability
Site sales team
- Recruit field level sales associates and train them to help meet customer acquisition and product sales targets
- Motivate and lead a high performance sales team that drives customer sales and revenue growth.
- Ensure that each mini-grid site has a mix of at least 50% revenue coming from commercial customers (shops, restaurants, agro-processing mills, telecom towers, etc)
- Increase revenue by driving energy demand through internal programs and marketing campaigns to promote productive uses of electricity (like running lathe machines, welding machines etc)
- Develop appliance sales strategy to encourage our customers to acquire well known branded appliances like LED TVs, brushless ceiling fans, refrigerators and freezers
Customer Satisfaction and Service
- Exceeding customer expectation is what Husk aspires to do every day. You will be responsible for developing a customer satisfaction model and tracking customer satisfaction on a monthly basis
- Ensure that customer satisfaction matrix is deployed at multiple tiers and develop communication process to deliver best in class customer care
- Develop customer service processes and service level agreements
- Bachelor’s degree is required; a relevant advanced degree is strongly preferred
- MBA preferred
Relevant Experience in years:
- 5+ years of total experience in sales function
- Experience in B2C sales with hands-on experience in acquiring end customers or selling products directly to end customers
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadline in an independent capacity. To be a self-starter and self-motivator, working effectively with minimal direction
- Experience in generating sales pipeline and developing a game plan to exceed sales targets
- Ability to multi-task: will be juggling multiple assignments in parallel and will need to prioritize
- Passion for rural development
- Experience in telecom or fast moving consumer goods sector preferred
Location and Travel:
- This role is based in Dar es Salaam.
- Extensive travel to rural areas at Husk mini-grid sites (1-3 trips per month)
What are we looking for?
- This leader will care deeply about solving the problems of access to energy for rural poor. This person will bring more than passion to the role: s/he will have the grit and resilience to do this work.
- S/he is a thoughtful and a change agent who understands organizational dynamics. S/he will be energized by the intellectual curiosity of their peers and have the humility to recognize all there is to learn from them.
- Commitment – You are willing to apply yourself to achieve a goal and to work for a cause. You do not hesitate to go the extra mile for delighting stakeholders.
- Initiative – You are self-starter and very hands-on with a desire to excel.
- Perspective – You understand the big picture. You know how to shift perspective from the details of the task at hand to the impact on the organization as a whole.
- Intuition about people. You are able to build and develop a high performing team; you need to bring together the right people that can play off each other, support each other, push each other and thrive.
- Stamina – You have the stamina to withstand the pressures of the job and the resilience to bounce back from setbacks.
- Open attitude toward change – You are not set in your ways. You are a good listener and you use input and feedback to continually improve.
- Lean Operations –excited about being hands on and utilize limited resources to achieve unprecedented result
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3307”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3307 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 30 March 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: B2C, B2C sales, communication, customer, Customer service, electrical, electricity, energy, Field sales, job, Job Matching, Job Opening, Job Opportunity, job vacancy, Jobs, jobs in kenya, jobs in nairobi, Management, manager, Marketing, opening, operations, Opportunity, Recruiting, renewable, renewable energy, sales, Sales Strategy, tanzania, Vacancies, vacancy, work