Job Vacancy – Deputy Finance Manager
- To report on the business’s cash flow requirements each month highlighting where money is required and ensuring that everyone is kept informed of such requirements.
- To ensure that financial controls procedures are being complied with and that any breaches or concerns are reported to your immediate supervisor. To make recommendations where you feel the controls may be improved.
- To ensure the companies books and records are kept up to date.
- To provide regular information that is relevant, timely and useful to decision making with the firm.
- To supervise finance staff in the Kampala office, ensuring they adhere to the company’s policies, making training recommendations as and when necessary.
- To deputise for the Finance Manager in their absence.
- To continuously review the amount of total cash in the system with a view to minimising the amount require
- To review monthly the physical cash in the system with a view to keeping it to a minimum
- To ensure that all physical cash movements are updated on the company’s books daily and physical paper trail is maintained.
- To compile and provide the cash requirements for each month by the 25th of the previous month.
- To compare actual cash expenditure to requested cash expenditure by 8th of each month following.
- To maintain and improve the companies’ systems and procedures in the finance area and to make recommendations on improvements both within finance and beyond.
- To file both company’s statutory obligations including accounts, corporation tax, PAYE and VAT on time.To ensure key accounts are reconciled each month, and all balance sheet accounts quarterly. Key accounts include all the cash accounts, the intercompany accounts and control accounts.
- To ensure that the profit and loss properly reflects the month’s activities. This includes ensuring the accruals and prepayments are properly recorded as part of the month end closing procedure and that the integrity of account lines is maintained.
- To finalise the general ledger postings and reconciliations by the 10th of each month. This will need to be phased in.
- To provide management reports to London by 10th of each month for the previous month.
Key Working Relationships
- Ugandan Revenue Authority
Staff Members Responsible For
The Accounts Department, Kampala
Levels of Authority/Approvals
The authority to supervise accounts staff and adhere to company policy.
Measurement of Success
- Timely delivery of reports, cash requirements and balances
- Improved systems and procedures in cash management
- Efficient accounts department, Kampala
To apply online click here
Residents of the East African Community are encouraged to apply.
This position will remain open until filled.
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: ACCA, account, Accounting, accounts, africa, below, business, company, control, CPA, delivery, Finance, finance manager, financial, financial controller, Firm, GAAP, general, hospitality, information, international, jobs in kampala, Jobs in Kigali, Jobs in Uganda, kampala, KIgali, lodge, Management, manager, Office, policies, Rwanda, supervisor, systems, training, uganda