Job Vacancy – Development Manager
Duma Works is recruiting a Development Manager. The hiring organization is a reputable NGO that works with young business leaders through availing them with resources to grow their ventures.
Your role is to build and execute the systems around our fundraising strategy from beginning to end and provide oversight over our marketing team. You will prospect for new potential donors, build and execute cultivation and stewardship plans, and write proposals to drive ou growth. As part of the leadership team, you will play a role in shaping and financing the growth of the organization’s strategy. This role will initially be based in Kenya, but there may be opportunities to take on a more senior donor-facing role over time in Kenya and/or the US as you build out your team.
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive and coherent fundraising strategy to drive our growth
- Set and achieve realistic time-limited fundraising targets, agreed in consultation with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors, and report on progress against these targets at regular quarterly meetings
- Build out, manage, and execute on our CRM (Pipedrive) to maximize effective engagement with existing supporters and take new contacts from “cradle to grave” (initial engagement to repeat giving)
- Ghost-write and send emails on behalf of the Executive Director and Board of Directors to cultivate new relationships and steward existing supporters
- Carry out prospect research to develop a comprehensive fundraising database that captures all relevant information, as well as handling all administrative aspects of fundraising
- Maintain a database of grant opportunities and take the lead in writing grants
- Lead the writing and execution of all our public fundraising campaigns
- Develop, host, and provide back-end logistics management of events in Kenya and the US to attract new supporters and donations
- Create a sustainable and diverse fundraising portfolio, with funding streams including individuals corporate, community, events, trust/foundations and other grant-makers, with appropriate priorities
Communication and Media (30%)
- Take overall responsibility for our brand and public presence
- Get us in the news and the public eye
- Take overall responsibility for the website, social media, annual reports, and all promotional materials
- Create a quarterly newsletter to share with supporters, partners, and funders
- 3-5 years of experience securing funding for non-profits from a variety of different streams, preferably in the field of social innovation and entrepreneurship
- Consideration will be given to similar experience in a business development, public relations, or marketing role (essential)
- Demonstrated ability to understand and write for an international audience (essential)
- A strong portfolio of communication and awareness-raising material (essential)
- Excellent personal contacts and connections with potential major donors and supporters(desirable)
- A relevant qualification in fundraising, sales, or marketing (desirable)
- You are a systems-builder. You are a process-oriented person who loves building and automating systems to optimize efficient work. We have some systems already set up, but you will be asked to build more structures as the organization and your team grows
- You have excellent planning, time management and organizational abilities. You are meticulous in your attention to detail and your ability to build structure around chaos
- Active management of our CRM will be an essential part of your role, and it will require constant attention
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You are an independent self-starter who flourishes in a changing environment and can manage yourself. You have excellent collaboration, communication, and problem-solving skills
- You are curious to the end. You are a consummate researcher who enjoys hunting down that one, last, hidden piece of information that will help you find a new prospect,frame a message, or clinch the sale
- You make things happen. You have a proven track record of meeting targets on time and within budget. You are creative, solutions-oriented, and willing to put in the time it takes to do a great job. You follow through
- Most of all, you believe in our vision and mission – the power of youth-led social businesses to transform Kenya
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2966”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2966 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 08 September 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: administrative, and, below, brand, building, business, business development, communication, consultation, corporate, CRM, cv, development, director, entrepreneurship, events, executive, field, Fundraising, grants, growth, information, innovation, international, interviews, job, Kenya, line, logistics, manage, Management, manager, Marketing, media, nairobi, o, of, one, opportunities, person, personal, planning, power, Public relations, relations, research, researcher, road, sale, sales, social, Social Media, steward, strategy, systems, team, work, writing