Job Vacancy – Digital Advisor
Key roles and responsibility
- Develop and execute digital learning platforms including the Program Apps, video promotion, mobile and digital campaigns to engage and train the program beneficiaries.
- Plan, execute and maintain an internal calendar for content creation and curation
- Develop compelling digital content from existing training curriculums including, videos, and stories about our work.
- Work collaboratively with the team and train team on digital utilization.
- Advise program and the beneficiaries on how best to utilize the digital Medias for program success. Actively seek out and help define new creative methods and mediums for telling our beneficiaries, partner, donor, and volunteer engagement stories across all digital platforms
- Work closely with Performance and Learning Manager to track and monitor digital platforms learnings and optimize campaigns based on the best-performing strategies and to achieve established KPIs
- Work closely with Performance and Learning Manager to engage in research and implementation of content, testing and any other approaches
- In conjunction with Monitoring and Evaluation team, work closely with the IT Department to streamline data functions
- Other duties as assigned
Required skills and experience
- Bachelor degree with a minimum of 5 years on digital learning or marketing
- Strong knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, including apps functions, online learning, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Blog, etc.
- Expert knowledge of the e-learning, web, social media platform, digital advertising analytics and reporting with the ability to communicate outcomes and insights to non-digital experts
- Ability to measure and produce regular digital reports to influence the digital strategy and enhance beneficiaries learning.
- Understanding of the various digital platforms and best practices for utilization Flexibility adjusting to unexpected assignments, difficulties, and deadline
- Good organizational skills and an ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Applicants should be quick learners who enjoy staying up to date with digital trends
- Strong interpersonal, communication and project management skills and ability to interact with internal and external clients
- Experienced in Adobe CS6, Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with various content management systems and platform such as Drupal, and WordPress
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience with platforms, systems and applications like Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, Exact Target, Hootsuite and Meltwater
- Experience in managing online advertising campaigns such as Google AdWords Experience using Google Analytics and analyzing and presenting results
- Knowledgeable about creative requirements of social media and video platforms Self-motivated and a resourceful learner
- Ability to work in a collaborative setting on simultaneous projects Ability to work well under pressure and meet or exceed deadlines Experienced with online marketing and marketing concepts
- Have strong communication skills and a collaborative work ethic
Core Competencies include:
- Integrity and honesty: Is widely trusted; seen as a direct, truthful individual; presents truthful information in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent himself or herself for personal gain.
- Team Work/ Relationships: Works co-operatively and flexibly with other members of the team with a full understanding of the role to be played as a team member and/or leader, to achieve a common goal. Ability to build and maintain effective relationships and networks.
- Learning attitude: Proactively takes advantage of opportunities to learn. Actively identifies new areas for learning; applies and shares new knowledge and skill appropriately.
- Diversity/Inclusiveness: Demonstrates an understanding and appreciation for diversity and supports diversity efforts. Interacts effectively with and inclusively with people of all races, cultures, ethnicities, backgrounds, religions, ages, and genders.
- Communication: Expresses ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Listens effectively; shares information, ideas and arguments; adjusts terminology, language and communication modes to the needs of the audience; ensures accurate understanding; acts in a way that facilitates open exchange of ideas and information; uses appropriate non-verbal communication.
- Decision making/Problem Solving: Is able to analyze situations, diagnose problems, identify the key issues, establish and evaluate alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution. Is able to make effective decisions on a day-to-day basis, taking ownership of decisions, demonstrating sound judgement in escalating issues where necessary.
- Results Oriented/ High Quality Deliverables: Stays focused on the efforts necessary to achieve quality results consistent with programmatic or departmental goals. Demonstrates the ability to achieve effective results; works persistently to overcome obstacles to goal achievement. Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks.
- Planning & Time Management: Establishes a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal. Effectively plans, schedules, prioritizes and controls activities; identifies, integrates and orchestrates resources (people, material, information, budget, and/or time) to accomplish goals. Prioritizes work according to the program or department’s goals, not just own job responsibilities; manages own time effectively.
- Business Acumen: The ability to use information, ask the right questions and take decisions that make an impact on the overall business performance.
Job Specific/Technical Competencies include:
- Financial & Resource Management: The ability to estimate, justify, and manage appropriate funding levels to support goal accomplishment. Managing Resources is about understanding human, financial, and operational resource issues to make decisions aimed at building and planning efficient project workflows, and at improving overall organizational performance.
- Donor/Partnership Management: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Analysis, Research, Report Writing: Experience in business planning and analysis, modeling for feasibility and execution. Able to analyze and express oneself clearly in business writing.
- Innovative Mindset: Curious inquiries, asks questions and seeks out information from multiple sources, learns from mistakes, sees change as an opportunity.
- Emotional Intelligence: The act of knowing, understanding, and responding to emotions, overcoming stress in the moment, and being aware of how your words and actions affect others. Emotional intelligence consists of 4 attributes: self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management.
- Strategic Thinking: Managers should recognize key actions, underlying problems, make connection and patterns, see consequences and implications. Anticipates obstacles realistically and plans ways to deal with them.
- Staff Development: managers are required to work with employees to plan on the development of skills and abilities so that they can fulfil current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Trust to Delegate: managers should have trust and willingness to assign responsibilities to direct reports and give them discretion and authority to carry them out.
- Feedback/Coaching (mentoring): managers should give instructions, suggestions, explanations, and feedback to subordinates. (SPI+R)
To apply online click here
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 05 June 2020
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: adobe, advertising, agency, analysis, Best Practices, building, business, cloud, coast, communication, content, content creation, content management, creation, Data, delivery, Design, development, digital, digital advisor, digital campaigns, digital content, digital marketing, director, donor, Economic, enterprise, evaluation, Facebook, financial, Google analytics, Group, html, impact, industry, information, intelligence, IT, job, Jobs, key, Knowledge, learning, manage, Management, manager, Marketing, Markets, media, mobile, monitoring, nairobi, of, Office, online, online marketing, opportunities, Opportunity, people, personal, planning, point, power, program, program management, project, project management, Promotion, Quality, Relationship, relationship management, reporting, reports, research, resource, salesforce, services, shop, social, Social Media, solutions, strategy, Success, support, systems, team, technical, technology, technoserve, the, training, Twitter, two, web, work, works, writing, Youth