Job Vacancy – Digital Associate -Mombasa
Duma Works is recruiting a Digital Associate for our client, Technoserve.
Reports to: Digital Advisor, mSPARK
Travel: to location of program activities
TechnoServe Background: TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
Program Description: Through the mSPARK program, TechnoServe proposes to work with 28,000 microenterprise owners (70% youth, 60% women) for 12 months to provide targeted digital and financial support that helps them navigate and survive through the Covid-19 crisis and reduce the pandemic’s negative impact on them and their communities. From our experience working in Kenya’s micro-retail sector, shop owners are predominantly youth (63%) and women (62%), and thus represent a strategic leverage point to support the economic survival of these groups and their ability to protect and invest in their own health and that of their households during the COVID-19 crisis. Further, micro-enterprises can play an important role as trusted leaders and providers of essential goods, services, and health and safety information in their communities, many of which are lower income, high-density, and at greater risk to COVID-19 and its economic impacts. Through a mixture of support packages, mSPARK will seek to ensure micro-enterprises survive the economic crisis brought about by the pandemic and in so doing, protect the jobs of owners and their employees. Working closely with financial technology credit provider, a large repayable grant will be disbursed to the micro-enterprises to help and cushion them to survive and stabilize businesses in this sector.
The program will rely heavily on digital technology for content delivery to beneficiaries’ program management and achievement of its overall deliverables. Therefore, the Digital Advisor will lead a team of two digital associates to design, implement and manage Digital learning platforms for the program.
Position Description: In anticipation of mSPARK program, the Digital Associate will support the functions of organizing, storing and analyzing data for the mSPARK Program as efficiently as possible while always upholding agreed –upon security standards and organizations data policy. In addition, the data associates will support the program delivery of the training curriculum through selected digital media platforms. This position is contingent upon donor funding.
Key roles and responsibility
- Ensure the efficient delivery of the training curriculums through selected digital media platforms.
- Develop story forms (charts, info graphics, process charts, etc.) as appropriate to enhance the delivery of the digital contents as well as to communicate the program more efficiently.
- Develop graphics for Program reports and online communication
- Using content to create compelling graphic presentations
- Develop videos/Selecting and cropping photos for maximum impact
- Design PowerPoint presentations for the program in collaboration with relevant staff
- Contribute ideas and design artwork for communication materials for the programs
- Use innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time
- Proofread to produce accurate and high-quality work
- Demonstrate illustrative skills with rough sketches
- Participate in the development of content to be uploaded on the company’s various online platforms Support with the data management process of the program beneficiaries.
Required skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, visual communication, or equivalent
- Knowledge in Final Cut Pro, In-design, Corel draw, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop & Adobe illustrator
- 2 years’ experience in a busy set up
- Experience in MSMEs and or retail is desirable
- Strong multi-tasking skills for juggling multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Ability to independently, effectively manage time and prioritize daily workload
- Team player
Competency is a combination of knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) directly related to successful performance on the job.
Core Competencies include:
- Integrity and honesty: Is widely trusted; seen as a direct, truthful individual; presents truthful information in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent himself or herself for personal gain.
- Team Work/ Relationships: Works co-operatively and flexibly with other members of the team with a full understanding of the role to be played as a team member and/or leader, to achieve a common goal. Ability to build and maintain effective relationships and networks.
- Learning attitude: Proactively takes advantage of opportunities to learn. Actively identifies new areas for learning; applies and shares new knowledge and skill appropriately.
- Diversity/Inclusiveness: Demonstrates an understanding and appreciation for diversity and supports diversity efforts. Interacts effectively with and inclusively with people of all races, cultures, ethnicities, backgrounds, religions, ages, and genders.
- Communication: Expresses ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Listens effectively; shares information, ideas and arguments; adjusts terminology, language and communication modes to the needs of the audience; ensures accurate understanding; acts in a way that facilitates open exchange of ideas and information; uses appropriate non-verbal communication.
- Decision making/Problem Solving: Is able to analyze situations, diagnose problems, identify the key issues, establish and evaluate alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution. Is able to make effective decisions on a day-to-day basis, taking ownership of decisions, demonstrating sound judgement in escalating issues where necessary.
- Results Oriented/ High Quality Deliverables: Stays focused on the efforts necessary to achieve quality results consistent with programmatic or departmental goals. Demonstrates the ability to achieve effective results; works persistently to overcome obstacles to goal achievement. Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks.
- Planning & Time Management: Establishes a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal. Effectively plans, schedules, prioritizes and controls activities; identifies, integrates and orchestrates resources (people, material, information, budget, and/or time) to accomplish goals.
Prioritizes work according to the program or department’s goals, not just own job responsibilities; manages own time effectively.
- Business Acumen: The ability to use information, ask the right questions and take decisions that make an impact on the overall business performance.
Job Specific/Technical Competencies include:
- Financial & Resource Management: The ability to estimate, justify, and manage appropriate funding levels to support goal accomplishment. Managing Resources is about understanding human, financial, and operational resource issues to make decisions aimed at building and planning efficient project workflows, and at improving overall organizational performance.
- Donor/Partnership Management: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Analysis, Research, Report Writing: Experience in business planning and analysis, modeling for feasibility and execution. Able to analyze and express oneself clearly in business writing.
- Innovative Mindset: Curious inquiries, asks questions and seeks out information from multiple sources, learns from mistakes, sees change as an opportunity.
To apply online click here
Deadline for receiving applications: Tuesday, 09 June 2020
*You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online from [email protected] The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: 3d, adobe, adobe illustrator, analysis, associate, communication, data management, delivery, Design, development, digital media, enterprise, graphic, Graphic design, graphics, illustrator, innovation, job, Jobs, key, Knowledge, Management, Markets, Mombasa, Opportunity, photoshop, planning, program management, programs, project, Quality, research, solutions, support, Team player, technology, technoserve, visual, web, work, writing, Youth